Chapter Seventeen (Part 2)

K A L L I E ' S   P O V

My mom mumbled something to my dad, then turned storming away from him, approaching the bridge. Her eyes become more relaxed and calm when she saw me looking at her through the cage and quickly ran over.

"Kallie." She said relieved as she kneeled down in front of me, her hands holding onto the bars of the cage, "Are you okay?" She quickly asked. I quickly nodded, just wanting her to get me out of this cage. I wanted to go home so badly and forget this ever happened.

I wanted my normal life back.

"I know you have to tell a secret." I spoke before my mom could. Her eyes stared at me as I explained how I knew that, "Peter told me." She sighed at me, "It's okay mom. I can handle it." She grinned at my bravery, then dropped her eyes a little as she sighed trying to be brave herself. I knew her secret was gonna be hard for her to tell me.

"Kallie," My mom began, flickering her eyes up at me again, "Remember when I told you Regina and I had magic? She asked.

"Yeah." I answered, nodding.

"Well..." She paused for a moment as she took a deep breath, "It's possible that you might have magic too, Kallie." She told me, "And that scares the hell out of me." She admitted. Within seconds, the cage I was in, disappeared into thin air and I was free.

Immediately, my mom and I both stood up and hugged each other like we hadn't seen each other in weeks.

Honestly, It probably had been couple days.

"Let's get out of here." She said pulling away and smiling at me. I nodded and we both headed across the rock bridge back to everyone else.

"Dad!" I exclaimed running toward him as we got off the bridge. He smiled at me as I ran into his arms.

"Kallie." He sighed, relieved just like my mom, "I'm so sorry." He whispered under his breath before letting go of me, looking up toward my mom. I glanced at her, noticing she had a blank expression on her face as she looked back at my dad.

"Would you two stop staring at each other, so we can get off this death trap of an island?" I heard Regina say and turned my head seeing her and Henry standing a couple feet away from us.

"Yeah." My mom sighed breaking eye contact with my dad, flickering her eyes over to Regina's direction, looking at Henry as she said,

"Let's all go home."

*
*
*
*

****