Chapter Four

Kallie Jones.

Storming into my bedroom, I slammed the door shut as hard as I could. I pressed my back against it and sighed heavily, crossing my arms in front of my chest. My parents never kept everything from me, but why this? Why would they keep this someone a secret?

I mean, how bad could this person be for my parents to not want to tell me about them?

"Parents, uh?" A familiar voice said, making me jump. Frozen in place, my eyes scanned the room. A tall shadow figure stood near the cracked open window, leaning against the edge of the wall. "I'm glad I don't have those anymore." They added, then stepped into the moonlight, shining in through the window.

"Felix." I gasped. The 17-year-old looking boy I had met at school was standing in the room, a cracked smile plastered on his face. "How- How did you get in here? How do you know where I live?" My heart pounded inside my chest. I looked around, unsure what to do. I didn't have anything around to use for protection. My parents certainly didn't allow me keep my sword in my room.

"I wouldn't worry about that." He said, wandering over to me. His voice was much colder than before. My body stiffened, holding my breathe as he stepped closer and closer. My family seemed to knew who Felix was.

Hell, Snow was ready to shot him with an arrow.

I knew he was trouble, but I didn't know what he was capable of.

"I would worry more about what he wants with you." He spoke, stopping inches from me. Without warning, he grabbed ahold of my wrist. "He's very eager to meet you." Who was this "he" everyone was talking about?

"Who's 'he'?" I whispered, frightened to speak. He chuckled, then pierced his lips into a devilish smirk.

"You'll find out soon enough." He replied. Those words sent shivers down my spine. He pulled me forward with him towards the window, dragging me across the room. I fought against his grip, pulling and hitting his hand, but it did nothing. I whipped my head to the door and opened my mouth to scream.

"Don't make a sound." He quickly threatened. I turned back to him. His eyes glared down at me. I didn't understand how he got into my room, but how was he planning on getting me out? My bedroom was on the second floor. It's not like my parents aren't gonna hear two people on the roof or us jumping into a bush.

He definitely didn't plan this through all the way.

Once we got to my window vanity, he shoved me into the floor. He turned and fully opened the window, causing a huge gust of wind into the room. He stood up straight and turned around to me. He smiled, then snapped his fingers.

Within seconds, a black man-shaped shadow figure flew through in. I gasped with wide eyes, staring up into its bright red ones. Its eyes flickered in my direction, spotting me. I crawled back a little, then glanced at Felix as he stared down at me with a devilish smirk.

"Her." He spoke, pointing at me. My heart dropped as I turned back to the shadow. It shrieked at me, making me scream. I scrambled away from it and ran toward door. Before I could reach the handle, it grabbed my ankle. I fell onto my stomach and it began dragging me back toward the window. I looked back, seeing Felix waiting by the open window. Waiting for this thing to take me.

Suddenly, something slammed against my door. Again, and again until it finally flew open, revealing my parents.

"Kallie!" My dad shouted as my mom inside after me. The shadow yanked me up into the air and flew out window as Felix jumped onto it.

"No!" She screamed, just barely missing my hand. "Kallie!" My dad rushed to her side as she stood in the frame of my window. I stared at my parents, getting more distant as I flew farther and farther into the night sky.

☆ EDITED: MARCH 31TH, 2023 ☆

EDITED: MARCH 31TH, 2023