Chapter Seventeen (Part 1)

E M M A ' S P O V

Tinkerbell, Hook and I met up Regina and Henry by the echo caves. Chase, the lost boy that Tink kidnapped, agreed to help us found Kallie as long as we brought him back to Storybrooke with us.

Just like last time, the only way a lost boy's help was offering them a home.

"I can't believe Pan is making us go in there again." I whispered as the six of us stood outside of the cave.

"I think I'll stand here." Tinkerbell announced, "With him." She added glancing at Chase. I nodded at her, then glanced at Henry, Hook, and Regina before I lead the four of us in.

"Stand close." Hook said to Henry and Regina as we walked up the stone stairs, following it all the way to the top, leading into an opening in the cave. Going through it, we appeared in a huge open space with an isolated rock in the middle. It was the same place as last time, but instead of Neal, Kallie was the one trapped in the cage.

"Kallie." I whispered walking toward-

"Emma." Hook said grabbing my arm, stopping me from stepping over the edge. I sighed as we looked down, seeing nothing but darkness beneath us.

"So how does this work?" Regina asked, coming closer to us with Henry as we turned around, stepping away from the very edge. Hook and I glanced at each other, then I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"We all have to tell a deep secret, that's how the bridge appears."

"Okay." Henry said, "Who goes first?" We all stood there in silence for a minute before one of us spoke up.

"Me." Regina spoke. We all looked up at her as she said facing our son, "Henry, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for months now."

"It's okay, Mom." Henry replied, "You can tell me anything." Regina sighed, tears forming in her terms.

"I know that when you left home, you wanted to find your story," Regina began, "And I know you've been searching for it for a long time. I'm really glad that that you found your story with Ella." She said grinning for a moment at him.

"But I really miss you, Henry."

"I know that Mom." Henry said almost in a whisper, "How is that your secret?" He asked shaking his head as Hook and I waited for Regina to explain.

"Ever since you left home, Storybrooke hasn't been the same." She continued, "I feel like there's a piece of me missing." We all looked at her a little confused as Henry asked raising his eyebrows. 

"Mom, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying when this is over, I want you to come back home. To Storybrooke." She admitted.

Suddenly the ground beneath us shook and Hook and I turned our heads back seeing some of rock bridge form.

Regina and Henry stared at the bridge for a second, then Henry turned to face Regina.

"Mom, I can't."  Henry replied, with a sigh. Regina and I both looked at him in shock, but what he said next, broke both our hearts, "I may not be leaving Neverland." As soon as the words left Henry's mouth, we felt the ground shift beneath us as the bridge formed almost all the way.

"What?" Regina and I both questioned once the ground was normal.

"I have a plan to deal with Pan." He replied, "So I don't have to give him my heart and Kallie will be off Neverland."

"You're plan involves you having a lifelong battle with Pan." I told him, knowing his plan was to take Kallie's place in Neverland.

"Emma's right." Regina agreed, "Pan won't stop hunting you down until he get your heart."

"It's worth it if Kallie gets to go back and have a normal life!" Henry said almost shouting at us, "And I'm done talking about this. I've made up my  mind." He finished and we all fell silent.

"I think it's best if I go next." Hook spoke after a while of  complete silence, then flickering his eyes up to mine.

"Hook." I said waiting. He sighed at me closing his eyes for a moment, then glanced over toward Kallie, "Killian?" I said staring at my husband waiting for him to say something.

"Emma, I'm so sorry." He whispered, his voice cracking as he turned back to me. I raised an eyebrow, starting to wonder what his secret was.

What could he have done so badly that he couldn't tell me about?

"Whatever it is Killian. Just say it." I replied with a little bit of a forceful voice, trying to push him.

"I'm the one who told Pan about Kallie." He admitted in a hushed tone as if he didn't want Regina or Henry to hear him, and immediately, the ground beneath us shock again as the bridge was built  all the way across.

When the ground stopped shocking, I looked at my husband for a long time in disbelieve. There was a mix of anger and betrayal. Hook knew what he  was capable of and he still chose to tell Pan.

How could he do this to me?

To Kallie?

"Emma, please tell something." He finally spoke.

"I have nothing to say to you." I barked, glaring at my husband, my teeth grinding together as I felt my hand balled into fists.

"Emma-" Hook began trying to explain, but I just turned around and stormed across the bridge to rescue my daughter.

*
*
*
*

****