Chapter Twenty One

"What about this?" Camila holds up another small dress. I've already turned down a couple other dresses. Yet she's still insisting I wear one.

I sigh, giving in. "Fine. I'll wear this one." It's a short black and white checkered sun dress. I wanted jeans but all hers were in the dirty section of her suitcases. I called Ally the minute we woke up to tell her to bring me clothes and my phone. She agreed before scolding me and telling me to call my mom. Camila laughed at me from her side of the pillow.

"Okay, go get ready so we can eat!" She orders, zipping her bag back up. I must admit, I do like bossy Camila.

*

Now I sit in a chair in her dressing room, listening to her make up artist, Ashley, tell us about her cat. Camila seems captivated by the story. However I'm two seconds away from falling asleep when Dinah barges through the door.

"Honey I'm home!" She shouts, throwing her arms open.

Camila laughs, anxiously waiting for Ashley to finish up so she can run into those arms. Which happens to take longer than expected.

"Hey!" I wave from behind them over to Dinah.

"Oh heyyy! I see you made it!" She cheers, adding a wink. "Since Mila is occupied, come with me to drop my bags off?"

"Yea sure." I instantly agree, jumping up. Anything to get away from this cat lady. We tell Camila bye and head out through the venue back to the buses.

"I can't stand her!" Dinah rolls her eyes.

I look around. The only people walking around are the backstage crew. I spot Sam, Camila's relative, not any females. "Who?"

"Ashley. Every time she does Camila's hair and make up, she tells us weird shit."

I nod. "Ohhh! I can agree. She was talking about her cat today."

"Who has a cat?" Normani turns the same corner, joining us. She looks stunning, like she just got out of her own hair and make up. Her hair is perfectly curled, her make up is done so flawlessly. I have to turn away before I stare too long.

"Mila's hair and make up stylist." Dinah relies, .

"Oh. Ashley? She did my makeup a few times and she'd tell me weird stories about her cat and some guy with dark floppy hair she was into." Both her and Dinah cringe, laughing. I giggle at their stories as they continue to tell me all about the crazy hair and makeup lady.

I have to admit, after hearing their stories, it feels weird to be in the mist of celebrities and feel completely comfortable. Normani is so perky and down to earth. It's like being around Ally. And Dinah, though she's not a singer she has acted with Camila when they were younger, it's actually really nice.

"....Just don't cross her loved ones and you won't get bit."

"I've been on that end." I grin over at Dinah. She pretends to scowl and crack her knuckles. "And thank god I'm not anymore!"

"Don't be thankful. Be careful." She raises a brow before busting out in a fit of laughter. Normani too, almost choking on her cereal. Last night we ate all of Camila's so Normani offered some of hers. Her bus is just like Camila's, just a bit smaller and not as modern. This is Normani's first big arena tour after all. I can tell she will be around a long time and make it big just like my Superstar.

Once the laughing dies down, I wipe my mouth and say. "Thanks for letting me hang with you guys. It's been cool getting to know you guys better."

"Aw Lauren! Getting mushy with us." Dinah throws her arm around me. I lean into her embrace. "You're pretty cool too. Now that I know your intentions." She adds, giving me a squeeze.