Chapter Twenty Six

"Oh my gosh, Lauren! Get in here!" Ally shouts from the living room. Where she's supposed to be doing her homework. Troy and I share a look of concern before we ditch our card game to see why she's yelling. We make our way to the other room from the kitchen.

There on the TV is Camila. She's being interviewed by some guy from E News. She talks about her new single, Everlasting Love, and the up coming music video. Which leads to the interviewer asking if she has an "Everlasting Love" as he put it to seem funny. Camila only laughed then tried to stir the conversation elsewhere.

"You blushed, is there a special someone?" He wiggled his bushy brows.

Camila now shrugs, more visibly blushing. She peeks up at the interviewer through her lashes, replying. "You can say that."

"You heard it here folks. Camila Cabello is officially off the market." He stares down the camera, completely content that he got the news first.

The show then cuts away to another screen of entertainment news anchors. They begin talking about Camila's interview by saying they love the song but the juicy news is too good to go unnoticed. They start naming possible guys who can be the special someone. One anchor rolls her eyes then suggest maybe the mystery lover is female.

"The only new notable person in Cabello's entourage is the mysterious green eyed girl."

"The rumor first surfaced of Camila and this Lauren Jauregui during her last tour when fans found a web page from the site Tumblr stating Jauregui played on the other team."

I peel my eyes away from the screen to see Ally and Troy both gaping and staring me down. Not knowing exactly how to react, I run upstairs, grab my phone and call Superstar.

Calling... Superstar

"Hello?" She answered, sounding like she's been crying already.

"Did you see the entertainment news frenzy?" I asked, pacing my room.

"Yes. Everyone is freaking out. They want me to date Eric Diamond again."

"What the fuck?" I stop pacing, grabbing a handful of my hair. This is even more out of control than I thought.

"Babe, I know. I just... I dont know what to do." She says, beginning to cry and sniffle.

"It'll be okay. You fly back out here soon. It'll all blow over like the first time." I try to comfort her. I wish I can just hold her and show her it'll all be okay.

She sniffles again. "I know. I miss you."

"I miss you." I replied, sitting on the edge of my bed. The rest of the phone call we both silently weep, the silence we share is more comforting than nothing at all. She eventually cried herself out and fell asleep. Hearing her small breathing made everything feel like it'd be ok.

But I was horribly wrong.

Saturday comes and we just arrived in Texas for Normani's hometown show. She had invited Ally, Troy and I to be her guest. Camila and Dinah wanted to come but they're pulling double time with promotion, and now the dating rumors again, and couldn't get away. We promised to record it for them.

Thanks to our uber driver, driving insanely fast, we arrived at the venue at the most in convenient time. Camera crews and news anchors wait outside the main doors. Ally points out the paparazzi on the other side. They are all probably awaiting Normani's arrival. Who knew Texas even had papz.

We thank the driver, even though he was crazy as fuck, then begin to make our way over to the call box for our passes and tickets. As we walk, the waiting news, camera and papz take notice. Within seconds we're hounded by camera's flashing and people holding up microphones.