Chapter Four

waakeme-up said: I just realized maybe my reply didn’t go through? what I had said was… my dear, you are old fashioned. maybe an old soul?  yes please i’ll trade pics with a wiener dog ;) that’ll be a great story for the grand children! oh and i travel bc i’m a military brat. my dad is head honcho in the army.

waakeme-up said: paris was great! i uploaded some pics (idk if you seen them by now) it took me an eternity to reply sorry, jet lag sucks. okay well somewhere along those lines! haha sorry i swear i replied!!! don’t hate me!! 

waakeme-up said: and to your other msg… even the old crowd goes out once and while. need to stretch that hip! lol ;) i hope you didn’t do anything too crazy! but here is something real crazy. can we exchange digits? i’m crap at logging on and off all the time.

Oh wow. I thought for sure she was just being vague with me. Lost interest or something. Luckily the spill my laptop took over the weekend didn’t cause any harm. I’m actually grateful. She answered a lot of my questions. Killing my curiosity. Her father being in the military explains the whole travel thing. I wonder what other places she’s been with him. I bet he’s strict. I wonder what his rank is. 

The last message takes me by surprise. She wants my number. My stomach twist. What if she’s a stalker. Or a murderer. No she’s not. She’s sweet and cute. I saw her pictures of the paris scenery. They looked beautiful. Someone who has an eye for scenic views can’t be crazy. I hit reply.

ssweet-dispositionn answered: I don’t hate you! Don’t worry! I’ll have you know my hip is in fine pristine condition. Thank you very much! also Dash is waiting for your pic. :) Oh military brat? Is your father strict? Does he monitor your online activities? Is this why you want my “digits”? I’ve never gave my number out online but I think I can make an exception for you. :) Also I did see your pics! They’re wonderful! You’re so lucky to travel. p.s. I’m not old!

I hope she sends her number first. Or if she even will at all after I send her this picture. I went through the pics on my laptop to find one of Dash and only came across a few of him. They’re all just candids I’ve taken just because I had my camera on hand. 

Waking Dash, I pick him up and hold him up to the web cam. He struggles against me since he has no idea what’s going on. I finally settle him in my lap and take the picture with him. Dash looks up at me amused as I smile into the laptop, trying to juggle him and my laptop. Looks like Karla is getting two for the price of one. I upload it then send her the image link.

When I click back over to my dashboard, she’s already replied, three times.

waakeme-up said: phew! i thought for sure i tainted our friendship! thank you for accepting my lateness! :) & i think i’d have to see your hip for myself to judge it’s condition… hahaha kidding! Tell Dash I’ll do it riiiight now! Bam I  paused this msg to upload the pic :p i hope he likes it ;)

I pause this message too and open her page in a new tab. There waiting, is a picture of her. She’s holding the camera out in front of her as she takes the picture of herself with a beautiful Paris skyline behind her. It looks like the sun is just setting so the color of her has darkened. I marvel at her for a another minute before realizing she’s online and I might catch her if I reply quickly. I switch back tabs tot he rest of the messages. 

waakeme-up said: & nope my dad doesn’t care what I do online. i don’t think he’s monitoring me… now i’m scared! omg what if he is? hi dad! ahhhh! oh and thanks for fav’in my pics of paris! i’ll take you one day ;) 

waakeme-up said: p.s. i’ve never given my number out in general. just call me no action karla! so here goes… 555-987-1435 all 10 numbers just for you granny! xoxo