Chapter Eleven

"Let me see!" Ally tries to grab at the signed photo of Camila again. I swipe it away and hold it above my head. She jumps but fails. I stick my tongue out at her. She returns it, giving up and crossing her arms. "You suck!"

"You got one too. I'm sure it says the same thing." I try to play it off. Though I know Ally wont be letting this go. 

Big brown eyes roll. "I doubt that. She was starring at you. Why was she starring at you?" Her questioning starts up again with those same eyes narrowing on me.

"She said I looked like someone she knew." I lie, folding Camila's picture, stuffing it in my pocket. 

"I bet it was the eyes. She probably knows a lot of famous folk with beautiful eyes like yours." Ally flutters her lashes up at me. 

I give her a soft shove as we make it to the car. She hops in and I follow. I'll have to tell her the truth one day.

***

"Where do you want to go to eat, Laur?" Zayn jabs his wrench into my side. 

I straighten up from under the hood of the car, gripping my side in pain. "What the hell?!"

"Oh calm down it didn't hurt that much."

"Screw you."

"Why are you so bitchy lately? You need to get laid." Zayn roars with laughter.

I give him a death glare and he stops. Truth is, I have been on edge since the whole encounter with Camila. I've been debating a few days on calling her or not. More like waiting until I know she is not anywhere near Florida. Or if I even do want to call her. However I do want to know if she found out more about the app.

"Laureeen." Zayn waves his greasy hand at me.

"Huh?" I bring my focus back to him. 

"Lunch?"

"Oh. I don't care." I shrug. "Sandwiches?"

Zayn agreed and after washing up we headed over to a nearby Subway. We got our food and sat at an empty table. I watch as Zayn nervously taps his foot. It's not like him to be nervous.

 Kicking his foot, I asked. "What?"

"Nothing!" he quickly replies.

"And I'm the one who's been on edge?" I tease once his foot starts up again.

He wipes at his brow. "Don't say anything to anyone yet. Okay?"

"About?" I asked then sip my drink. 

"I'm quitting." he blurts out. 

I choke back on my soda. "Holy shit, Zayn." I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. I know he was thinking about it a few months back. But this...This is huge. His dad, like mine was, is really into cars. That's all he ever wanted for him. He'll be pissed.

"I know. I know." he runs a nervous hand through his hair. 

"Why?" 

"Lifes to short." Zayn straightens up and Mr. Cocky is back.

I roll my eyes. "That makes no sense."

"You want to work on cars for the rest of your life?" he asked. His face serious.

"Well yea. That's the plan." I reply with a raised brow. I thought he knew me better than that. It was his plan once upon time too. 

He shakes his head. "There's more to life. I want to travel and see the world."

"Everyone does. That's what you do after retirement, Zayn." I point out.

"Why wait? When you can see it all now."