Chapter Seventeen

Dinah stayed true to her word. Since my birthday, almost a week ago, she has managed to make my life hell. She had some random people come to my work saying they need their car looked at. So I checked the cars out for them, which were only minor things like an oil change or tire rotations, only to have them complain to my manager. The first two complaints we laughed off. But seven and now eight people have called or personally told Geoff that they didn't like my service or that I was rude. One even said I stole money from her car. The other guys in the shop arent happy about it either. Now my manager is on my ass. He says if I get any more complaints against me, I'm done. And I can't exactly come out and say I'm being ruined for knowing that one famous girl Camila Cabello. Who'd believe that?

To top this all off, I haven't heard from her since that night. So again another kiss goes undisscused. I want to talk to her about it but I'm so worried Dinah will do worse.

"Hey Laur!" A familiar voice shouts. I look up from the picnic table and instantly smile. Zayn! I came out of the shop to get some fresh air after Geoff's latest tirade. "Whoa, you look like shit." He says, coming to a stop and sitting right in front of me.

I shrug. "I've had better days." But it's true. I have my hair up in a messy bun. The bags under my eyes are probably horrifying. I look a hot mess.

"Yeah... Geoff told me what happened." He throws a thumb over his shoulder toward the garage. "Is everything okay?"

"Yep. Just having an off week I guess."

"That doesn't sound like you."

''It happens. But what's up with you? I thought you weren't coming back for awhile?"

"Got a little time to come hang. Plus my mom was all 'I miss you Zaynie' so I had to come see her."

I laugh at that before asking. "How is she?"

"Eh, you know my mom. Gardening and complaining about my hair. She tried sending me off with a small ficus... and succeeded."

Now I laugh harder. I haven't laughed like this since my birthday. And it was much needed. "I missed you, Zayn."

"I missed you too, Laur."

*

"So how is it having a new sister?" Zayn asked as we walk through the back doors and back into the house. He came over to visit Ally and my mom. She had us sit on deck and drink this awful tea she found online.

"Shut up. My mom and her dad aren't married." I punch his arm.

"Yet..." he wiggles his brow at me.

I go to punch him again when my phone rings.

Incoming Call... Private

Hmm. Who'd call private? I push Zayn aside as I answer. He wonders off into the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"I warned you!" Dinah's voice comes through the line, low and angry.

Looking around, the coast is clear so I duck into the hall closet. "Dinah! What the fuck?! I'm about to lose my job!" I hiss at her. My heart pounds in my chest.

She cackles. "Listen green eyes, Mila believes you don't want to talk to her anymore. Let's just leave it at that. Okay?"

"Wh...what do you mean?" I swallow hard. "What did you tell her?"

"Don't worry about it. Delete her number and don't ever hit her up again."

I stay quiet. I try to rack my brain around the new info. No more Camila? We just kissed. How can I avoid her now?