Chapter Twenty

"I've been trying to... all night." Dinah mumbles. Her voice sounds groggy from sleep. It is 9 am after all.

"Well I was busy." I replied, clearing my own tired voice.

Dinah hums. "With Celine?"

"What the hell? How do you... You already talked to her. Didn't you?" I shake my head. I should of known.

"Of course. She's my best friend."

Camila must of called her in the middle of the night. Shit. What if that changed Dinah's mind. I swallow hard, questioning, hopeful. "Then what were you going to tell me before?"

"I don't know if it matters now." Dinah stated then yawns.

This girl is really testing me. I pinch the bridge of my nose, sighing. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Well I was going to help you..." she pauses to shout in the background of the phone. Telling someone else to be quiet before they wake everyone up. "Until you hurt my friend." She finishes in a lower tone.

"You don't even know the story, Dinah. Look if you're not going to say what you were going to say, then I'll just let you go now." I angrily bite back.

Now she sighs on the other end. "First tell me the story. Why did you kiss that Celine girl?"

Again I think it over. If I tell her, she can turn on me and twist my words back to Camila. Or it can actually help. I decide to give in. It may help more than it'll hurt. I tell her how I was a bit drunk, got pulled to the booth and then pulled into the kiss. That one of the opening acts may of told Superstar.

Dinah just laughs.

"What?" I question her. I don't know how she can find this funny.

"That's exactly what I was going to tell you. To watch out for her. The girl with purple hair."

I scratch my head. "Purple hair?"

"The brown one from Ark Trifecta."

"Reagan?"

"Yep. She's had her eyes on Mila for awhile now."

"Okay, I don't get it." I shake my head in disbelief, though she can't physically see me. "Why? Why would you want to help me? Especially now."

"Because I hated you at first. But seeing how Camila basically picked you over me, I knew you have to be something special. And to say sorry."

"Wait at first? Do you not anymore?" This time I let out a loud laugh. What game is this girl playing?

"Okay listen. When you came around and Camila started talking about you a lot. I panicked. She's had her heart broken by someone before. I didn't want her to go through that again. Like I said awhile ago, I'm her best friend and I was protecting her."

"Pretty sure we've all gone through heartbreak. That doesn't mean you try to ruin someone's friendships or career."

"Yeah, I went overboard. Sorry. I apologize."

"Okay." I lay back down. "I'm sorry too. And for the record, I don't like Celine and I didn't want her to kiss me."

"You need to tell Mila that. She was really sad when she called me."

We both stay silent. I know I messed up and I need to make this right. Hurting Camila is the last thing I want to do. And I can tell Dinah feels the same.

"Would you be upset if my Mila did that to you? Or something similar?"

"I... Yeah." I mumble then add. "Don't try to make me feel more guilty. I already feel like shit."