Chapter Twenty Four

Ariving in LA felt like home, the humidity, the less clothed people and the salty air. I was a nervous wreck on the whole plane ride. Not because of the flying but because I'll be meeting Camila's dad. Her mom hasn't said much the whole trip. And I'd like to believe it's due to being warned beforehand.

We say our goodbyes at the gate to the crew and Dinah, who all will be going their separate ways to see family or like Normani, off to do other projects. Dinah warned us to stay undercover. Even Big Rob gave us stern eyes before departing. When we left the airport, Camila was mobbed by fans and paparazzi. I hung back a bit, hoping to go unnoticed. However the more bigger fans did notice me and asked for a picture. I happily obliged, smiling and throwing up a peace sign.

Finally Camila makes it to the uber. Her mom and I hop in behind her. She waves to fans as we pull away. A few minutes into the car ride, my phone vibrates.

_

From: Superstar

What's wrong?

_

To: Superstar

Just nervous...

_

From: Superstar

For what?

_

To: Superstar

Meeting your dad...

_

From: Superstar

Oh gosh. It'll be fine.

& stop chewing on your lip that's my job(;

_

To: Superstar

What if he don't like me?

And shush don't talk like with your mom in the same car!

_

From: Superstar

Stop! He'll love you!

Boooo! I'll just bite it later(;
_

To: Superstar

You don't know that.

Not if I do first!
_

From: Superstar

I promise he'll like you. He's super nice!

Is that so...?
_

To: Superstar

Stop... your mom is looking at us.
_

Camila looks up and her mom quickly looks away. She snickers behind her hand as I shake my head. I can see this trip getting someone in trouble.

The uber eventually pulls on to a real classy neighborhood. The houses are huge and the yards are even bigger. I gape out the window as each house gets even fancier and fancier. All with perfectly trimmed hedges, long drive ways, flowers of every color and attached pools with real tennis courts.