Chapter Fifteen

"What are you doing here?" I look around, hoping my mom or even Ally, will pop out from somewhere. Even a heated Jerry. She's the last person I expected to see here.

"Ally called. She said you were in trouble." Camila begins to nervously play with her fingers. Her perfect brows rise in pity. "I had some free time. So I took a red eye. Rob drove me here." she throws a thumb over her shoulder to where I now see her security guard waiting by the main doors.

"Camila, you didn't have to." I reply while I take my jacket from the bag and put it on.

She stays quite for awhile, watching me. "I know. But I wanted to." she finally talks.

"I'll pay you back." I offer up, stuffing my hands in my pockets then realizing my money is in my car. The car that is hopefully still parked on Ally's block.

"No. Don't worry about it. It was only a $300.00 fine." 

"No, I have to pay you ba--"

"Lauren, it's fine." she smiles, walking toward me. 

Just then Celine rounds the corner with an older woman in tow. Her mother maybe? She notices me and stops. "Lauren?" I turn to her and back to see Camila stop approaching. "Are you okay?"

I reply with a nod. "Are you?"

"Yea. For now." she rolls her eyes, nodding toward the lady behind her. Yea most definitely her mother.

"Same. Ally's dad is going to chew us out big time."

"Tell her I'm sorry and to call me when she can?"

"Of course." I agree and she leans in to hug me. I hug her back.

"We should probably go. Rob is waiting." Camila says, her tone a bit louder.

Celine and I pull apart and she looks over at Camila. Her eye's shoot wide open as she turns back to me. "That's Camila Cabello!" she whispers.

I nod, letting her go.

"What is she---"

"We'll talk later?" I whisper back, walking toward the superstar.

"Yea. Get my number from Zayn or Ally." she calls out. I twirl back and give her a thumbs up. She smiles, turning to follow her mother out.

Camila eyes her suspiciously as she walks away. Celine gives her a wave and Camila mirrors her motion. Her eye's narrowing back at me once Celine is finally gone. "Is she your girlfriend? You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

"No. She's not my girlfriend," I shake my head as we start walk out of the building, toward her ride. Big Rob walks ahead of us. "I go to school with her."

"Oh I see." she shrugs.

"Yea, so if you'll just take me to my car. I'll get my money so I can pay you ba---"

"First!" Camila whips her hair to the side, almost hitting me in the face. I back up a step. "Let's get breakfast?"

"I'm not really hungry." I admit.

She stops just before the car. "Just a quick bite." a wide smile spreads across her face.

*

Again I let Camila persuade me into doing something. I don't know how she does it. Her charm? Her pretty smile? Or her innocent intentions for a normal friendship? Whichever it is, I'm now sitting up in her fancy hotel room stuffing a huge pile of waffles in my face.

"Calm down, Lauren. We can always order more." Camila laughs, watching me.

I wipe my mouth with a napkin. "Sorry. Guess I was starving." I lie. Truth is I want to get out of here as soon as possible. The thought of her friend, Dinah, barging into the room scares the crap out of me.