Chapter Twelve

The weekend comes quickly. The anticipation of Camila coming here dies once I don't hear from her all day. I was expecting a call or even just a text. Her number never flashed on my phone. Now, like every Friday night before, I work on my latest car. Since Zayn called it quits to leave, I got stuck picking up the slack. As any assistant manager would. All the garage doors remain open. The light music my coworker, Poncho, has on fills the air. He had to stay late to finish a truck too. He's a nice little round man. He was friends with my dad.

"Whoa, you should defiantly stick with jeans." A voice from behind startles me. Followed by a familiar giggle. It can't be. I spin around and there stands Camila. Another familiar expensive outfit and that same movie star smile. 

"What are you doing her?" I asked, looking around. Poncho is too busy to notice our guest.

Camila's face screws up. "I told you I was coming."

"Yea but...How did you find me here?" I motion to the garage.

She laughs pulling up her phone. "Seriously? I have connections, Lauren."

"Right." I nod, agreeing. I forgot she's a somebody with lots of money. "Um, I just have to finish up here."

"Can't you just leave?"

"No. I have to finish this car."

"Go ahead, mija, I'll finish it for you." Poncho comes out of no where. He makes his way over to us.

"See." Camila grins.

"Thank you, Poncho." I flash him a quick smile. 

After a quick run through of what I need done for the car, I'm washed up and grease free, standing outside of the garage with Camila. It felt like five seconds ago I was doubting she would even call to say she was coming. Yet here we are.

"So?" I say, looking anywhere but at her.

"Do you have somewhere we can talk?" she asked. 

"Not really. We can go around back. There's a picnic table we can---"

"I meant like your house." she interrupts.

"Oh. Um...Okay." I think it over. I'm sure my mom and Jerry are out. Ally wont be at my house without someone there. I think we'll be fine.

It's quiet for awhile before she clears her throat. "Well do you have a car or something?"

"Oh right!" I snap out of my dazed state. I walk over to my car and she waits by the passenger door. I unlock the door and she remains standing by the door. "You can get in." 

"Sorry. I'm use to people opening the door for me." she laughs then climbs in. 

Guess we both have somethings to get use too. Is this something we even need to be getting use to? Me hanging out with someone famous and her hanging with someone who's not. Doubt it. After she breaks this news about whoever it is behind the catfish thing, she'll forget all about me. It's probably just some kind of challenge for her. 

"Can I drive?" she suddenly asked, looking over at me.

I glance at her before turning back to the road. "Do you know how?"

"Nope." she smiles wide.

"Then no." I reply quickly. "You're crazy." I shake my head. No way is she driving my baby. I don't care who she is.

"Well, no one ever taught me."

"How old are you?" 

"Eighteen...Don't be mean." she quickly adds. I look over to see her pouting.