Chapter Seven

"Mom?! When were you planning on telling me?" I practically shout. I can't believe she's been seeing some man without my knowledge. I knew it though. Ever since she had been giddy after her art classes. Turns out she met a man there named Jerry. Screw this Jerry guy. Why is he even picking up woman at an art class.

"Calm down. I am a grown woman, Lauren. I'm allowed to see who I want." My moms voice goes from calm to completely stern.

"It's only been 3 years." I say softly, lowering my head. I didn't think my mom would forget him so soon. I know I haven't.

"Oh, Lauren." she says, putting Dash down then I feel her arms wrap around me. "I promise you, I still love your father very much. But I feel like this is what he would want. Me to be happy."

I shrug her off. I can't even look at her right now. She tries to reach out to me again but I turn away making a break for the door. It hasn't been long since my dad passed and she's already jumping on another man. It feels like she's cheating. It just feels wrong. 

I stomp my way upstairs to my room making sure to slam my door extra hard. I'm not one to cause a dramatic scene but I want her know I'm mad. I start to pace my room, trying to forget all about it. But my mind races though. Every scenario crosses my mind. What if he's a weirdo? What if he's a serial killer? Then I remember I just confessed to someone online that I like like them. Shit Karla! Just as I reach for it,  my phone buzzes in my pocket.

From: No Action Karla<3

i was hoping you'd say that. 

From: No Action Karla<3

(:

I smile like an idiot. This girl can lift my mood like no other. And it's scary. Karla Cabello has this hold on me and I've never even seen her in person. I don't know what she smells like or feels like. Maybe it's time to put my webcam to good use soon. I wonder if she'd even want to. I'll have to ask her but for right now I need to establish these feelings. 

To: No Action Karla<3

Well that you know how I feel... How do you feel?

From: No Action Karla<3

the second one sounds nice to me too (:

To: No Action Karla<3

Good!

Incoming Call.... No Action Karla<3

"Hello?"

"Hey!"

For the rest of the night I had jumbo sized butterflies. It felt like the first time talking to her all over again. This time the new feeling of knowing we like each other a bit more than planned. It was the same ol' conversations about anything and everything. The nerves were just intensified. She told me about her trip to Texas and how her mom made her try fried Oreos at a carnival. Which she found delicious. She even strummed her guitar for me. Since her call always sounds so low, I had to put my phone on speaker and hold it close to my ear to hear her. 

"Ta da!" I hear her say.

"That was nice!" I reply, rubbing my sore cheeks from smiling so much.

"You think so? I've been practicing."

"Yep! It's paying off."

"Oh stop it!" she laughs softly. "Tell me about your day?"