Chapter Thirteen

Camila comes out of my bathroom sporting a pair of my boxer shorts and big tee. What I normally wear to bed. It looks cute on her. Not that I'm checking her out. The lights are off so it's not like I'm fully seeing. I mean anyone would say the same. She flips her hair forward then ties it with a black hair tie she had around her wrist. She then flips back up then slides into the bed next to me.

"In the morning I'll call Rob and he'll come get me." she yawns, curling in close to my side.

"Rob?" I question. I've never heard her mention a Rob tonight.

"Big Rob, My security guard."

"Ohh." I nod into my pillow. I try to scoot a bit away from her. I'm sure if it were anyone else in the world they'd be fine sleeping next to a superstar. Though I can't help but think how she's so comfortable sleeping next to a stranger. Well we're not exactly strangers but we're not exactly best friends either. I clear my throat to grab her attention. "How are you so okay with sharing a bed with me?"

I feel her shift to face me. "Should I not be?"

"Well I mean...You hardly know me. I hardly know you."

"Should I sleep on your couch?" she suddenly sits up. 

I join her. "No. I will if you want me to?"

"If I wanted you to, I would of said from the beginning silly!" she nudges my shoulder with her own. "Plus I think you want me here more than you're putting on."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You have yet to ask me for the email." she yawns again, laying back down. "The whole reason I'm here..." 

I completely forgot. How did I let that slip my mind. All I've been worried about is knowing who this person on the other side of the screen has been and I forget. "Well what is it?" I request and lay down myself.

"BirdEyes008@yahoo.com. Does that sound familiar?"

Thinking it over and nothing comes to mind. I've never heard that before. "No." I tell her.

"Hmm." she yawns once more. "I can see if they can get anything from the email address."

"Okay. That'd be cool."

"Lauren?" she shifts in the bed again so she's facing me. Her knees touching the side of my leg. "I'm sorry this happened to you. But I'd be lying if a small part of wasn't glad it did... because I met you."

I freeze in place. The warmth of her legs and body so close to my own and the shock of hearing that someone who can literally have anything say they're glad to know me. I feel like I was just punched in the gut. Things happen for a reason right? Even this?

"Lauren?" she pokes my side. The one she kneed. 

I jump in pain. "Ow!"

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry, I forgot!" Camila places her hand on top of mine that cradles my side. 

"It's okay. Just don't do it again." I tease, pulling my hand away. Her hand goes back under her pillow. "Thanks for helping me. I'm happy we met too. Not under these circumstances though."

"That's true." she laughs softly.

"Goodnight, superstar."

"Night night, car lady."

I smile at her response then roll over. This whole thing is weird. She's not Karla but she reminds me of her. A lot. It's just the face. Her voice is more smooth and raw. It's lively and a bit rough. Not like mines. Just a hint. Whoever was pretending to be her...Did a good job.