Chapter Twenty Seven

We arrived in New York with paparazzi and fans mobbing Camila. Since everyone, security mainly, assumed Superstar was already with Big Rob, Normani and Dinah, there was no one to calm the chaos until airport security came. I had my hand wrapped around her elbow the entire time she was being yanked here and there. And Camila, bless her, complied to each fans request for a picture or autograph to the best of her ability.

We're eventually escorted out of the airport and over to her waiting uber driver. She tells her fans bye before sliding in the car after me.

"That was wild!" She said. Her smile taking over her face and her big brown eyes sparkling bright.

"Yea it was." I take a deep breath. I'm still not used to all that. "You're okay though?" I asked.

"I'm great! I missed it!" She beamed. "Oh hold on." Her phone began to ring so she held up a finger before answering. "Hello... Okay so not even a room that isn't a suite?... No, Normani and  Dinah are staying at The Hilton... I'll head that way now... If something comes up, call me."

"What's up?" I asked, curious. She was frowning and her brows were smashed together.

"My manager said there was no openings at The Standard. So we'll stay at The Hilton."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Uh--Nothing. Mani, Dinah and the whole crew are staying there too but they're probably at the venue by now." She checked the time on her phone.

I only nodded, backing off. Maybe she's just in some kind of funk. Transitioning back into the superstar life after living a normal one beside me for almost a month has to take a bit of time.

When we arrived at the hotel, Camila kept looking around. I however had my mind elsewhere. Since we stopped abruptly last night from doing the deed... I've been a bit antsy to relieve this itch. Plus that skirt she's wearing isn't helping much.

I watch as she goes up to the front desk to check in. Just hanging back with the bags, enjoying the view. Actually wondering what she'd look like bent over that counter. Or maybe that table over there. Or this table beside me. Who really needs a table when I can just bend her---

"Lauren?" Camila looks at me in question, her shades are off and her brow is raised. "Come on." She nudges her head for me to follow.

I shake my provocative thoughts and quickly follow. She tells the bell boy something and walks right passed the elevator. "The elevators right there?" I stopped and pointed.

"I know. I want to use the back ones. You know nosy papz and all." She dropped her voice to a whisper, without looking up, typing at her phone.

"Oh yea. Yea." I agreed. Again with the whole private stuff. The rumors haven't been like they were before. I don't get why she's being really evasive.

Up in the hotel room, I watch as Camila runs back and forth. She gathers all her things for a shower than forgets something, frustratingly, coming back out to grab something.

"I'm going to shower real quick. After I have to go to the venue for sound check and a meet and greet. I'll have a car come for you before the show." She finally said after the third time coming out of the bathroom. This time she checked her phone, typed away and then chucked it on the bed.

"I can't go with you?" I asked, confused. I thought that was the whole reason I came with her. To go to Normani's show together. Not as a couple, but at least together.

"Did you want to?"

"Well you're making it sound like I can't."

"No, you can. I just don't know how lenient they'll be about guest. It's not my tour. It's Mani's." She replied, removing her heels. "I'll call Dinah when I'm done. I'm already late." She added before disappearing back into the bathroom.