Chapter 49 - 'That's Something I Never Thought I Would Say.'

A/N - I don't usually add a picture of the suit Wolfgang wears but I'm low-key obsessed with how good this one looks. Also, there's no turtleneck with this suit.

A/N - No one asked for it but this is Wolfgang's main car, the Aston Martin Vantage Coupe

A/N - No one asked for it but this is Wolfgang's main car, the Aston Martin Vantage Coupe. I'm adding it in because I'm secretly in love with it.

**********

Warning - This chapter contains mature content of a sexual nature. At this point, I'm not bothering with the symbol warning, the smut is somewhere in there.

Wolfgang stepped backwards on the dock, ducking under the eskrima stick as Hope swung it at his head. The tribrid moved forwards, kicking Wolfgang back before twisting to strike with her other leg in a move he could have easily blocked. Instead, the blow lands and Wolfgang lost balance, falling to the ground before he caught himself, using his palms to spring up from the ground and back onto his feet.

The Nachtstern shook his head, rolling his shoulders as he blocked the next attack, grabbing the eskrima stick and flipping Hope over his shoulder as her foot stumbled on her landing. Wolfgang took the opportunity to drop low, his leg sticking out as he spun around and swept her other leg from under her so that she fell. He jumped forwards, pinning Hope to the ground beneath his weight but she grabbed hold of him before he could cement his grip and flipped them over so that she was on top. The Mikaelson tribrid pressed her eskrima stick into his chest as though she was staking him.

"I win." Hope declared as she ended their sparring match. The tribrid pecked Wolfgang's lips in a short kiss before getting up off of him. The Superior Original stood to his feet, running a hand through his dark hair. Hope looked at him, concerned, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Hope." He replied, not meeting her gaze, "Why would you think that?"

"Because there was a hundred hits you could have easily blocked." Hope replied, crossing her arms as she regarded him, her cerulean eyes boring into his. Wolfgang shrugged, hiding his true feelings, "Maybe I let you win."

"No, I know when you're holding back." The Mikaelson said, shaking her head as she walked towards her boyfriend, her light blue irises filled with concern as she met his gaze, "You were distracted. What is it?"

"I don't know..." Wolfgang replied, letting out a long sigh as he fiddled with his daylight ring, tracing over the Nachtstern Family Crest engraved into it, "It's just ever since Landon returned, I feel different."

"Different as in bad different?" The Mikaelson tribrid questioned, her lips parted and twisted into a frown. Wolfgang shook his head, his mind momentarily focusing on the fact that she was breathtaking even as she frowned, "No, It's like a weight has been lifted from my chest. Like I can breathe properly now."

Hope nodded, a smile gracing her full lips as she watched him, "Honey, are you sure you're not secretly relieved Landon's back?"

"Definitely not." The Nachtstern replied, letting out a small laugh as he shook his head, taking in a breath, "I'll ask Lucille to run some tests. See what's wrong."