Bonus Chapter - 'How About A Story, Adeline?'

A/N - This chapter is set in the future (it might be an AU) where Wolfgang and Hope are married with two children - Adeline (the older one) and Elijah (youngest).

The complete/extended version of this chapter alongside further bonus material can be found in my book, The Villains In Your Stories.

Wolfgang sat at his desk, spinning a pen in the fingers of his right hand as his eyes were fixed on the document in front of him. The hunter's eyebrows were furrowed with concentration and Hope sat in the corner of the study, a book in her hand as she read quietly.

"Mom? Dad?" A voice called out from the doorway and Wolfgang and Hope glanced up to see Adeline stood there, in her pyjamas as she rubbed her eyes. Wolfgang placed the pen to his desk, running a hand through his dark hair as Hope closed her book with a snap, both husband and wife facing their child.

"What's wrong, Adi?" Wolfgang asked, his voice tender as he rose from the desk, walking towards the three year old. Adeline looked at him and shrugged her small shoulders, blue-grey eyes meeting hazel as Wolfgang crouched besides his daughter, "I can't sleep, dad."

The Nachtstern nodded, rising to his feet as he exchanged a look with Hope, who simply nodded in understanding as Wolfgang held out a hand for the child to take. Adeline slipped her small hand into her father's much larger one, curling her fingers around Wolfgang's index finger as he walked with the three year old to her bedroom.

The vampire sat down in an armchair as Adeline climbed into his lap, snuggling deep into her father's chest. Wolfgang placed his arms around her, resting his chin lightly on top of her crown of golden hair as the child rested her ear above his chest, listening to the reassuring beat of her father's heart.

"How about a story, Adeline?" Wolfgang asked quietly. The blonde nodded and Wolfgang smiled, stroking Adeline's hair gently as he thought of a story to tell her. Wolfgang smiled as he let out a sigh, "This is a story about a Wolf King and his special tribrid Princess."

"Will you do the voices?" Adeline asked, her voice slightly tinged with the exposure to Wolfgang's accent, glancing up at Wolfgang with hope glimmering in her eyes. The hunter nodded, trying to think of how best to imitate Klaus, "Of course, darling."

Adeline nodded, satisfied with herself as she settled back into Wolfgang's chest as the vampire cleared his throat, "Once upon a time, in a Kingdom called New Orleans, there was a Wolf King. The Wolf King used to rule his kingdom with all of his brothers and sisters but the kingdom was haunted."

"Haunted?" Adeline asked, enunciating the word as best as she could. Wolfgang nodded, placing a kiss to the top of her head, "Haunted means that there was a bad monster that wouldn't leave."

"And the Wolf King had to defeat it?" Adeline questioned and Wolfgang nodded once more with a laugh. Adeline was a curious child, a trait she had undoubtedly inherited from both parents, "Yes, Adi, he had to defeat it. However, the monster was too strong, and the Wolf King had to make a choice, leave his kingdom to escape the monster, and be chased by it forever, or, he could stay, and give himself to the monster to protect the greatest treasure in the kingdom - his tribrid princess."

"Did the Wolf King stay then?" Adeline interrupted and Wolfgang nodded, letting out a sigh, "Don't interrupt or you won't be able to sleep. The Wolf King chose to face the monster, and his noble brother stood next to him as they charged at the evil beast, fighting until the end. And so, the Wolf King had saved the kingdom, and saved his tribrid princess."

"Dad, what happened to the tribrid Princess?" Adeline asked, looking up at Wolfgang with curiosity. The hunter smiled, shaking his head at his daughter's incurable thirst for knowledge, "The Princess grew up and became a tribrid Queen. Then she found a Vampire King, and they had a Princess of their own, who was the most beautiful, smart and special Princess of all."

Hope let out a sigh as she checked the time, noticing that it had been an hour since Wolfgang had disappeared to put Adeline to bed. The Mikaelson quickly checked on Elijah, making sure that the infant was still asleep. While Adeline was a mix of not only her parents but both of their families, the two year old was Wolfgang's child through and through, having the Nachtstern's dark hair and facial features. In fact, the only thing that seemed to be from the Mikaelson side was Elijah's dark eyes, having inherited them from his namesake.

Hope sighed, placing a gentle kiss to her son's cheek before she walked towards Adeline's room to find her husband. As Hope approached the doorway to Adeline's room, the walls of the three year old's inner sanctum painted in white and lilac, she felt the corners of her lips tug upwards in a small smile at the sight before her.

Adeline had been tucked into bed, the various toys and games that were scattered around the room tidied away with Wolfgang's compulsive neatness. The blonde was sleeping on her side, her head resting on her arms as the light purple bedsheets were around her in a comforting grip. Lying besides her, cuddling the small child in his arms, was Wolfgang, his face relaxed, and his hair messy as he held Adeline. The hunter had fallen asleep, and Hope smiled at how peaceful he looked.

"I didn't have the heart to wake him when I checked on them." Julian said from besides Hope and the tribrid jumped slightly at his voice. Hope glanced at the butler as Julian's gaze remained fixed on his sire and Adeline asleep and Hope nodded in agreement, "Well, they're fine, I should get back to Elijah."

Julian shook his head, straightening his white gloves. Even at this hour, the vampire was dreseed impeccably in a black three-piece suit, every last detail perfect. Julian cleared his throat as he held up a small digital camera for Hope to take, "How about we make a lasting memory of the moment instead, Ma'am, and then you relax for the night? I will tend to Master Elijah."

"Are you sure?" Hope questioned and the butler nodded as though her question was foolish, handing her the camera with a rare smile, "It'd be my pleasure, Ma'am."

Hope nodded and Julian made a noise of satisfaction, walking towards Wolfgang and Hope's bedroom to tend to Elijah as Hope brought the camera up to her eye, intent on capturing Wolfgang asleep with his daughter in his arms. Hope looked at the photo with a smile, as her eyes remained on the sleeping pair.

Despite everything they'd gone through, despite all the pain and all of the loss, Hope believed that her and Wolfgang were finally happy with life.

*****

Author's Message - I'm crying. Why do I enjoy torturing myself?

About updates, I'm going to wait until Legacies Season 3 to continue this story but in the meantime, I will be working on 'Wolfgang'. Please go check it out and support it.

For those that are holding their breath, don't worry because I'm going to continue editing this story as I go along, so there is always the possibility of new chapters within this story.

Thank you all for reading!