Chapter 53 - 'Bend The Knee Or I'll Kill You Too'

Wolfgang was sat in the confession box of the church, using it as sanctuary from the priest and former werewolf, who were trapped alongside him.

"Is there anything you wish to confess?" Andrew asked, sitting down in the confession box next to Wolfgang.

"Oh, bugger off." The Nachtstern swore, rolling his eyes. Wolfgang got out of the box, Andrew following suit as the hunter stopped in front of the altar. Nathaniel was staring up at the stained glass windows, taking in the scene.

God himself was leading a charge against the devil, an army of demons and angels behind them. Above them both, the figure of Azrael loomed, his dark wings outstretched as he reached down towards the earth.

"It's wrong." The Sumner vampire said, "Those windows are wrong."

"Indeed." The undead priest agreed, looking up at the windows before glancing back at Wolfgang, "It should depict the crucifixion."

"What else is wrong?" Wolfgang questioned. Nathaniel narrowed his eyebrows, turning his emerald gaze to his sire, "Is there a significance?"

"Yes, we're in a Chambre Du Chasse."

Andrew cleared his throat, turning his focus to Wolfgang as well. "I believe you are more aware of the workings of witches than either of us."

"It's a witch's hunting ground." The Nachtstern vampire explained, "We're bound here by something that represents us."

"It's an apt hunting ground." Nathaniel commented. Wolfgang nodded, looking toward Andrew, "This was taken from your memory."

"Why this particular memory?"

Andrew made a face as though he was uncomfortable. Wolfgang didn't blame him. This particular memory was haunting for the priest. It was Wolfgang murdering him.

"Because it's where the first disciple was born." The hunter said, letting out a sigh. Andrew shook his head, looking at Wolfgang with his dark eyes, "I'm not your disciple anymore."

"To them, it doesn't matter."

Wolfgang shook his head, walking off as he headed into the adjacent chamber. He shouldn't be trapped here, he should be out in the real world, with his girlfriend. Andrew and Nathaniel watched him with a sigh as Wolfgang slammed the door closed behind him.

He turned to his side and picked up a  table before slamming it down, where it broke from the force. Then, Wolfgang picked up a vase and threw it against the wall.

England, 1659 -

Sebastian Raske sat on the front pew of the church, staring up at the stained glass. He had never really been drawn to religion. He wasn't even sure he had been baptised.

"Ah, I was unaware there was anyone in here." The priest said as he walked out of a conjoining chamber and into the church.

Sebastian let out a sigh, closing his eyes. "It's a pensive day, Father."

"How about you confide in me?" Andrew Fox suggested. The human offered him a reassuring smile, "The sanctity of confession holds."

"I have not led a good life." Sebastian admitted. He let out a long breath, struggling to speak, "I have done things, terrible things, to people who do not deserve it."

Andrew frowned, looking at the taller man, "What kind of things?"

"I've killed people, Father." The vampire said, "Murdered them without reason or cause." His voice was grief-stricken, tears forming in his eyes as he spoke, "Women and children too."