Chapter 29 - 'Wolfgang Is Dead.'

Nachtstern inhaled deeply, taking in as much air as he could, a twisted smile on his face. The Night Star walked towards the main entrance to Wolfgang's mansion, a bounce in his step as he ran a hand through his dark hair. After he had rid the earth of vampire scum, Nachtstern would definitely have to go and tear down each obnoxiously ostentatious mansion that Wolfgang owned.

The vampire sighed, knocking on the door loudly as he waited for the large oaken doors to open. Nachtstern watched on as they swung open as if on their own accord, Hope stood on the other side. The Mikaelson launched at Nachtstern, pulling who she thought was her boyfriend into a hug. Nachtstern frowned before he returned it, patting Hope on the back awkwardly. Love was just something that the Hunter didn't understand, and the tribrid's affection was lost on Nachtstern.

Hope pulled away and walked back into the mansion. Nachtstern plastered on a fake smile as he hovered in the doorway. He prepared to step over the threshold when he found himself blocked by an unknown force. The Night Star hadn't prepared for this. Since he was technically a different person to Wolfgang, he needed to be invited in again.

"Love, I need you to invite me in." Nachtstern said, flashing a smile at the tribrid. Nachtstern had to admit, Hope was pretty but beyond that Nachtstern could not see why Wolfgang was so deeply infatuated with her, save for the reasons why Nachtstern was interested in Hope. The Hunter dismissed those thoughts, Wolfgang's horrifying lovesick mind definitely didn't dwell on thoughts of ripping Hope's heart out.

"Come in, Wolf." Hope stated and Nachtstern smiled his usual cruel smile before stepping in. It was best she continued to believe that he was her lover. Antoinette was at his side, guiding him as she had always done but the hunter was the only one who could see his mother.

"You didn't come back like you said." Hope stated, her voice accusatory, "And Julian wouldn't tell me where you went." Nachtstern pursed his lips before he shook his head.

"I'm sorry about that. I got extremely busy with my business out of town." Nachtstern lied, he had no idea what the hell was going on but this act needed to be carried out.

"Oh." Hope replied, hiding the fact that she was hurt. Wolfgang wasn't the sort to do something like that without warning, "You could have called at least."

"I know, I should have but I was just so busy." Nachtstern explained. He was waiting for the tribrid to leave so he could begin his plans. After a few moments, Hope grabbed her bag and left for school.

"You should have killed her then and there." Antoinette said. Nachtstern rolled his eyes, he had a reason for sparing the tribrid, and his mother needed to see that.

"She has a greater role to play in my plans, Mother." Nachtstern lied. Antoinette's ghost nodded, she had always trusted Nachtstern more than Wolfgang. The Hunter turned to Antoinette with a cruel smirk that mirrored hers.

"Your role here is done. I'll take over now." Nachtstern stated, dismissing his mother's ghost from the mortal plane. The smirk grew into a perverse smile, Wolfgang had not even begun to tap into the powers that the Night Star held but Nachtstern knew them quite well. Now, he just needed to change and set his plan in motion.

**********

Alaric seemed unprepared when Nachtstern burst into the grounds of Mystic Falls High School. Nachtstern, however, was unprepared to be face to face with an actual samurai.

"What the hell is this?" Nachtstern asked, doing his best impression of Wolfgang. The Hunter supposed he was doing a good job, although he was unable to stay in Wolfgang's ridiculously formal attire. Nachtstern had chosen to dress casually instead, wearing dark jeans, a grey y-neck t-shirt with the buttons undone and a jacket on top.