Chapter 22 - 'I'm Here For You.'

A/N - Above is the suit Wolfgang wears to the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant and yes, it's a tux because he's extra like that.

The woman sat at the vanity table, a brush in her hand as she ran it through her brunette hair. Wolfgang watched her intently, he recognised the table, the mirror and the house. Nachtstern Manor was always a beautiful place, and the woman only added to it's beauty.

She glanced up, meeting Wolfgang's eyes in the mirror, the swirling grey of an Arctic storm meeting the earthy hazel of spring. The hunter gasped as she titled her head to the side, baring her throat to him. However, as the pounding beat of her heart sounded out in his mind, Wolfgang's eyes remained fixed on her throat where a massive bite tore a hole through her alabaster flesh, the pale skin stained crimson with her blood.

The brunette hair was now an artificial blonde, wrinkles and laugh-lines painting her skin. The gaping wound was still there as her grey eyes, usually so full of life and unreadable in a way that infuriated Wolfgang were now glazed over, the soul drained from them as the blood was drained from her body.

"Eleanor." Wolfgang whispered, his eyes fixed on the corpse. The Nachtstern swallowed a gulp, unable to tear his eyes from Eleanor's corpse. Wolfgang slowly fell to the ground, his knees giving out as they had all those years ago, "I'm so sorry." Wolfgang apologised, his voice barely a whisper. The Nachtstern vampire screwed his eyes shut, not wanting to relive the scene that had broken his heart one too many times.

"Wolfgang!" A choked voice gasped out and Wolfgang's hazel eyes snapped open, widening at the sight before him. He couldn't stand the level of torture that Nachtstern was putting him under, and he wouldn't allow his darker self to use her to hurt him.

The auburn hair was damp with sweat as eyes akin to vast, incomprehensibly large glaciers took the place of Eleanor's Arctic storm. The transition was stunning, howling winds of grey battering the frozen wasteland before being consumed by immovable expanses of blue.

Wolfgang reached out to grab Hope's hand, tears pooling in his eyes as he tried not to focus on the savage bite on the tribrid's neck. His own hand was covered in sanguine, and Wolfgang knew exactly where the blood had come from. The Nachtstern's hazel eyes dragged back up to the mirror set into the vanity table.

Gone was the charming playboy, the charismatic millionare that captured hearts, replaced with the real Wolfgang. His signature smirk, the smile that had made many follow him home, had been twisted into a perverse sneer. Wolfgang's hazel eyes, usually so entrancing and deep were now hollow, the brown, green and grey of his irises replaced with crimson to match the blood splattered across his face.

Wolfgang fell backwards onto the bed as Hope's corpse rose from the chair, blood running from the gaping wound on her throat and pouring from every orifice, scarlet tears running down her cheeks from her eyes. The white summer dress that adorned her figure, usually an item of clothing that Wolfgang would've admired, was stained with Hope's blood too and Wolfgang shook his head with disbelief as the dead woman continued towards him, pointing a single finger in his direction.

"Ungetüm." Hope accused, her voice merged with those of the thousands of others he had killed over the centuries. Wolfgang shook his head once more as tears ran unashamedly down his face. He had never wanted to hurt Hope, to add her to the never-ending list of victims he had lost count of. Hope continued to walk towards him, blood trailing after her as the Mikaelson's hands clasped around his throat, slowly squeezing the life out of him.