Chapter 2 - 'Stay Out Of Trouble.'

Legacies Season 1, Before Episode 1 -

Alaric and Hope walked into the bar, mulling over the alert. The report stated that there were lots of dead people and even more bloodshed. Nearly all victims had been beheaded, so over at the school, they had assumed that a new vampire was in town.

Alaric readied his crossbow as he entered, seeing an ordinary man standing on the stage, a drink in his hand and a microphone in the other.

"This one goes out to Doctor Alaric Saltzman and my personal favourite resident of Mystic Falls, Hope Andrea Mikaelson." Wolfgang said into the mic, raising his glass and downing it before dropping the microphone to the floor. The vampire jumped off of the stage and walked up to the pair, placing the glass on a table as he did so.

"Hello, Geliebte." Wolfgang greeted to Hope. The tribrid cocked an eyebrow at him and frowned.

"Wolfgang?" Hope asked. The vampire smiled and held up a hand to stop Alaric, before he turned back to Hope, "Miss me?"

"Why are you here?" Hope questioned and Wolfgang smirked. He figured that Rebekah didn't bother to inform Hope that he would be coming.

"I'm here for you." Wolfgang replied. Hope scoffed and crossed her arms, tapping her foot against the ground, impatiently.

"Two years without a word and you show up out of the blue and I'm meant to believe it's for me?" Hope argued. Wolfgang sighed and Alaric had enough. The headmaster pulled the trigger and sent an arrow deep into Wolfgang's heart.

**********

Wolfgang woke up in a cell, he gripped the crossbow bolt in his heart and wrenched it out. He stood to his feet and walked up to the bars, taking in Alaric, Sheriff Donovan and Hope Mikaelson.

"That was a lucky shot," Wolfgang said to Alaric, dropping the bolt at his feet.

"What do you want?" Matt asked, but Wolfgang simply ignored him, turning instead to Hope.

"I am sorry, love. If I knew that you would've shown up, I would have killed less people, maybe even tidied up." Wolfgang apologised. Hope crossed her arms and stepped closer to the bars.

"Why are you here, Wolf? Actually." Hope asked. Wolfgang released a shaky breath. Hope's use of the German pronunciation when shortening his name sent tingles down Wolfgang's spine. It was a shame he had ruined what they had when he had walked away from her.

"Like I said, I'm here for you." Wolfgang replied. Alaric sighed and stepped forwards.

"Why the hell are you back in town, Wolfgang?" Alaric asked, stepping in front of his student. Wolfgang sighed before straightening his shirt and jacket.

"Send away young Mathew, Vampire Hunter, and then we can talk," Wolfgang replied, Alaric turned to Matt and shrugged his shoulders, before the sheriff took off.

"Good. Now I will answer all the questions you want. To start off with, my name is Wolfgang, nice to get reacquainted with you." The vampire began, leaving the other two to question him.

"What are you doing here?" Alaric asked, to which Wolfgang smiled, "Sorry, can't answer that."

"Why are you here?" Hope enquired yet again. Wolfgang looked at her with a smile before he stepped closer to Hope.

"Oh, she must not have told you. Your aunt Rebekah sent me." Wolfgang answered. Hope looked at him before taking out her phone and walking off to call her aunt. Hope re-entered the room a moment later and turned to Alaric, clearly annoyed.

"He's clear. I talked to Aunt Rebekah; she did send him. As my damn babysitter." Hope explained. Wolfgang smiled and walked up to the bars, snapping off the lock, clearly untroubled by the Vervain.

"She used the term 'supervisor'. Trust me, I don't like this as much as you. But it is what it is." Wolfgang said, walking past them and up into the main building of the Salvatore School.

"The Salvatore School." Wolfgang sighed, taking in the building as he walked, "Stefan used to be so much fun in the '20s."

**********

Hope lead Wolfgang towards the entrance of the Salvatore School. She sighed before turning to the vampire.

"If you have to be supervising me, then you might as well get familiar with the school," Hope explained, walking up to the gate, where the Saltzman twins wait.

"I've been here before, Geliebte."

"Hi, welcome to the Salvatore School." Josie started, smiling at the vampire who ran a hand through his dark hair, "I'm Josie."

"And I'm Lizzie." The blonde twin added flirtatiously, her eyes drinking in the sight of the attractive man standing with Hope.

"And I'm not interested." Wolfgang replied callously, ignoring her outstretched hand, "But my name's Wolfgang."

Lizzie looked offended at the man's comment and opened her mouth to reply, but Josie quickly checked her twin as they began the tour. As they lead him through the school, Wolfgang looked on bored and waited for the twins to stop talking.

"Yeah, the tour tends to make people fall asleep." Hope whispered to him and Wolfgang let out a rare smile.

"This is MG, one of our Vampire students," Josie stated, introducing the young man. To everyone's surprise, Wolfgang shook the man's hand and initiated a conversation with him.

"So, what's the feeding situation like?" Wolfgang asked. MG shrugged and replied,

"Blood bags, no feeding off of humans. Teaches us control." Wolfgang sighed and shook his head.

"Can one of you tell your dad that he is a major buzzkill," Wolfgang remarked to the twins, Hope laughed slightly at his words.

"Like you wouldn't believe." The Mikaelson whispered to Wolfgang, unknowingly coming out of her shell and returning to the easy companionship they had established two years ago.

"What's wrong with blood-bags?" MG asked, confused.

"I prefer the vein, young man. Vampire and proud." Wolfgang replied. The twins looked at him quizzically and Wolfgang smiled.

His vampire face emerged as the veins around his eyes darkened. Unlike other vampires, his irises turned blood red and the sclera became pitch black. The group walked backwards, shocked, as his fangs descend.

"I'm a vampire. I'm feeding off of humans." Wolfgang said, his face returning to normal. "Now that we are done, I'm going home."

"Oh yeah, Hope." Wolfgang added, prompting her to turn to him, "Stay out of trouble."

"Not a problem." The tribrid replied before Wolfgang turned to leave.

**********

Wolfgang took in his newly renovated home, the large mansion he had built years ago still standing tall. The Nachtstern was one for luxury, and he had the money to go with it.

He stepped in as the workers moved around, unpacking his things and setting up the building for his use.

"All I have to do is stay in this crappy town and look after the magical tribrid. Shouldn't be too hard." Wolfgang sighed as he poured himself a drink.

Wolfgang had never been so wrong.