Chapter 8 - 'I Sure As Hell Am Not Giving Her The Talk.'

A/N - Above is an image of Thornhill, Wolfgang's Mansion in Mystic Falls.

The group had taken Dana to the picnic tables near the parking lot, where she was explaining what she remembered about the previous night.

"We were on the way to graffiti that mill at your school. It was a harmless prank. But then, I got snatched. Next thing I remember, I woke up in a ditch." Dana explained.

"So, enjoy it while you can, Lizzie. I'm sure I look like crap." Dana sighed, clearly exhausted. She reached up to scratch the back of her neck, only for her hand to come upon the swollen and bruised site of her supposed vampire bite right under her right ear.

"Oh, my God! What is that?" She screamed.

"It's..." Hope started and then trailed off when she couldn't think of an explanation. When Hope was unable to think of a believable lie, she looked around for assistance, "Someone help me out here."

The rest of the group paused awkwardly until finally, Lizzie spoke up, "It's the mother of all hickeys. You're fine, Dana. You're just a little slutty."

"For the record, it wasn't my fault." Wolfgang added, his playboy nature making him feel the need to defend himself. Dana, offended, scoffed before she realised where she was and what she was doing, "I don't even like any of you apart from your hot teacher. I should be talking to the cops."

"I'm not a damn teacher." Wolfgang sighed for the third time. Dana stood to her feet to walk away, only for Landon to awkwardly block her path,

"I can't let you do that." He stated. Hope, realising this was going to be a problem, raised her right hand in the air before closing it into a fist as she cast a sleeping spell, "Ad Somnum."

Landon, still feeling awkward, sidestepped away from Dana as she collapsed to the ground, "I mean, she can't let you do that."

"So you didn't kill her, you freaking turned her?" Lizzie asked, horrified, looking up at Kaleb.

"Turned her? You think I want to sit and listen to that for all eternity?" Kaleb scoffed.

"Well, someone did, meaning that we have a transitioning vampire on our hands. And, I sure as hell am not giving her the talk." Wolfgang sighed.

"So what are we gonna do with her?" Hope asked, gesturing towards Dana's unconscious body to emphasize her point.

**********

Landon was leading the rest of the crew back to the Salvatore School's bus, where he opened the back door so MG, who was carrying Dana's unconscious body, could set her inside of it.

"So, let me get this straight, Dana died with vampire blood in her system, so she came back to life, and now she's in transition, and she needs to feed or die?" Landon asked, sharing his newly learned knowledge of vampire lore to the others, who looked exhausted.

"Nailed it, bro. Easy decision, right?" MG responded, having just deposited Dana into the bus.

Landon blanched as though he's not sure he agreed with the decision. Just then, MG looked down to see a white, fibrous substance on his hand and frowned in confusion. He quickly wiped the substance off of his hand and smeared it onto the bumper of the bus. After a long moment, Kaleb finally spoke up, "All right, so we give her some human blood. It's that simple."

"Not everyone wants to be supernatural. Some people just want to be normal." Hope sighed, giving Kaleb a look.

"Dana's traumatized, you guys. This is a huge decision. Maybe we should give her a day or two." Lizzie chimed in with feigned empathy and concern.