Chapter 37 - 'Don't You Dare Mention Bonnie's Name.'

Hope took a deep sip of the whiskey, putting the glass down on the table. Wolfgang smiled and sat down beside her, taking the bottle and pouring himself a glass.

"You're underage." Wolfgang said and Hope shrugged her shoulders before she smiled, remembering something Wolfgang had said previously.

"Well, I'm eighteen. You're British and in the UK, the drinking age is eighteen. As I'm in your house, and you aren't an American citizen, I'm therefore in British property and therefore allowed to drink." Hope reasoned. Wolfgang smirked at the thought of his logic being used against him.

"I thought it didn't work like that, love." Wolfgang replied and Hope shrugged. She took another sip and finished off the glass, "It does now."

"You're impossible." Wolfgang replied, taking a deep sip straight from the bottle. He was, after all, a professional alcoholic, or, as he liked to put it, a connoisseur of alcohol in all of it's forms. Hope sighed, leaning her head against his shoulder as she did so, "Would you have it any other way?"

Wolfgang shook his head, running a hand through his dark hair as he adjusted the waistband of his Versace sweatpants. Normally, he wouldn't be caught dead in them outside of his bedroom but Hope had a way of getting him to lower his barriers. The Nachtstern smirked, regarding the tribrid as she took a sip before he narrowed his eyes at her. Hope was wearing nothing other than a white button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

"Is that my shirt, Geliebte?" Wolfgang questioned and Hope placed down her glass, turning to meet his gaze as immovable glaciers of blue met the earthy hazel of spring. Hope gulped at the stern expression on his face, biting down on her full lip, "Yes?"

"Hmm." Wolfgang replied, his eyes unreadable as his expression gave nothing away. Truth be told, the Nachtstern liked the way she looked wearing his shirt, enjoying the liquid fire that roared through his veins at the sight but if he told her, she would wear them more, and he would lose his shirts, "How are you feeling?"

"After last night?" Hope questioned and the Nachtstern nodded, watching her intently as he took another sip of his drink, "I'm feeling good. And I... I kinda liked it."

"Did you now?" Wolfgang asked, his hazel eyes alight with mischief as he regarded her before he shook his head, closing his eyes as he inhaled sharply. Wolfgang opened them again, the familiar restraint restored as he met Hope's beautiful blue eyes, "Last night I just about managed to stop myself from hurting you. I won't do it again."

"I'm not delicate or fragile, Wolf. I won't break if you lose control." Hope assured him but Wolfgang shook his head as he stood up, the brand of Der Zerkel Der Sieben Shwestern itching on his bare chest, "I know you aren't delicate but you aren't invulnerable either, my love. And if I hurt you, I won't forgive myself."

**********

Wolfgang let out a sigh as he poured tea into Hope's cup, smiling as he himself took a sip from his. If there was one thing that the British-German could do right, it was make tea. The tribrid looked up at him, taking in the Nachtstern vampire. Wolfgang was dressed in a black suit, a grey v-neck jumper in the place of his usual button-down shirt, a matching grey handkerchief folded in his breast pocket.

"This stupid ascendant won't fix." Hope shouted, slamming the object down on the table as Wolfgang let out a sigh, rolling his eyes at her, "Alyssa fucking spelled it so that it breaks everytime I fix it."

"Love, drink the tea. Remember what I said about relaxing." Wolfgang advised. Hope sighed and took a sip, allowing herself to relax slightly until Dorian and Landon entered with a visitor. Wolfgang narrowed his eyes at the stranger, wearing a horrifyingly ugly suit. The Nachtstern recognised who he was, memories of the sociopathic Heretic - or, rather, memories of ripping his heart out - returning to him. Wolfgang stepped forwards as he evaluated the threat that Malachai Parker posed.