Chapter 56 - 'I'm A Very Humble Man.'

Wolfgang Nachtstern was sat at his desk, continuing research for his paper. His attention was instead drawn by his girlfriend walking past the open door. The tribrid crossed her arms as she regarded him.

Wolfgang was wearing a crisp white shirt beneath a dark grey three-piece suit. The jacket was behind his chair as he sat back and met her gaze. His sleeves were rolled up in that enticing way that set Hope's body on fire.

"Good morning, Geliebte." The vampire greeted, smiling warmly at her. She returned the smile and stepped closer, eyes full of adoration toward him as he stood up.

"We're going to look for Cleo's spell." Hope explained, knowing that Wolfgang preferred when she didn't beat around the bush, "Thought we could do with your expertise."

Wolfgang nodded. "Of course. Let me just get my suit jacket."

The Nachtstern unrolled his sleeves before pulling on his suit jacket. Wolfgang straightened his suit out and then followed Hope to the library. Inside the large space, Jed and Wade were moving through the labyrinth of shelves to find the spell.

"We're looking for a transference spell, from West Africa circa 1464?" Wolfgang asked as he approached a table. The spell cast into it would allow him to draw up particular sections of the library.

"Yeah. We're thinking it might be in an older grimoire." Hope said. Wolfgang shook his head, refining his search further with certain keywords, "Or perhaps, we need a specialised book of rituals. More than likely a compilation done at a later date."

Hope nodded in agreement at the suggestion before she looked over at Jed and Wade, who shied away from her glare. It was clear they didn't think of that. Wolfgang chuckled loudly as he walked toward a shelf.

"The ritual requires a braid?"

"Yeah." The Mikaelson said, heading toward Wolfgang as he searched for the book he had in mind, "A braid and a sigil of some sort."

Wolfgang nodded and pulled a book from the shelf, he flicked through it before putting it back. The vampire paused for a moment to think before he turned to look at Hope.

"Darling, could you pass me that book?"

Hope followed his gaze, finding the book behind her. The tribrid took it down, looking through it before she settled on a spell. It was the exact one they needed. A smile broke out on Hope's face and she hugged Wolfgang, giving him a short kiss.

"Thanks, honey." She said, "You made this search so much easier."

"It's not a problem." The Original replied, shaking his head. Wolfgang shoved his hands in his pockets before clearing his throat, "Any idea who you will transfer Malivore into?"

Hope nodded, "I'm gonna need your help with that one."

**********

Whatever was on the plate was clearly not edible. The vegetables tasted like baby food and he didn't want to know which animal the meat came from. And yet, Clarke was stuck in the hospital bed.

"Consultant said you're fine." A nurse announced as she walked in. The woman stopped to look him up and down before Clarke placed his fork down, unhappy with the food he had been given, "You're being discharged. Congratulations."

The nurse proceeded to navigate the length of the bed and ripped out his IV line before she walked off. Clarke yelped in pain, rubbing at his hand. Then, as though too tentative to believe in it's own existence, a smile spread across his face. Clarke got out of bed and put on his clothes before signing the discharge papers. Happy to be released, he walked out of the room.