Chapter 33 - 'Oh, Darling, I'm The Devil.'

A/N - Above is an image of Schloss Raske in Germany.

Warning - This chapter contains graphic violence.

Wolfgang let out a sigh as he stared out the window of the private jet, listening intently to the Mikaelson tribrid on the other end of the phone call. Hope had called to see how it was going, and Wolfgang was impatiently waiting for the plane to land so he could get this over with quickly.

"And Dr Saltzman is back as Acting Headmaster, Clarke's in a cell, and I just don't know what to do." Hope said. Wolfgang nodded, not that she could see him, and fidgited with his tie as the pilot announced the plane would be landing shortly, "So, Landon is gone, you have a bitchy new roommate and everything else is normal-ish?"

"Yeah." Hope replied. Wolfgang let out a sigh, shaking his head as he fought back a chuckle, "How is any of that an issue, my love? You wanted everything to be normal again and it is. You should be celebrating, not stewing in misery."

"Hard for me to celebrate without you here." Hope countered. Wolfgang closed his eyes, massaging gently over the lids as the private jet slowly dropped in altitude, "Where are you anyways?"

"I'll be arriving in Dresden soon. I'll be there briefly and then I'm heading to the centre of my home state, Saxony, where I'll stop off at Schloss Raske." Wolfgang explained, "It's urgent, I wouldn't be leaving if it wasn't."

"Try and get back soon, okay? It's kinda lonely with only Lizzie and Dr Saltzman for company." Hope said. Wolfgang nodded understandingly, "When I get back, I'm taking you out."

"It's a date." Hope replied and Wolfgang could tell she was smiling. The Nachtstern's own lips tilted upwards at the thought, imagining the Mikaelson's mouth as it curved towards the heavens, the skin around her eyes creasing with joy as she flashed the smallest hint of white teeth. Wolfgang sighed as his eyes made contact with the runway, "I've got to go now, Geliebte. I love you."

"Love you too." Hope replied before hanging up. Wolfgang let out a sigh as he slipped his phone into the inner pocket of his suit jacket, running a hand through his dark hair as he watched the glum weather of Dresden, streaks of rain already smattering the windows as the jet touched down on the tarmac. The hunter smiled slightly, he was in one of the few places he could call home, and Germany was it's usual enchanting self.

Wolfgang pulled on his overcoat, the long material reaching his shins as he walked off the plane. The Nachtstern vampire inhaled, breathing in the air of his home. A grin made it's way onto Wolfgang's face as he looked around the runway at Dresden. The hunter smiled once more as he approached Nathaniel, who was stood a few feet away with a woman.

"Wolfgang, you're here then." Nathaniel said. The hunter nodded in acknowledgement before turning to the woman. She was beautiful in a simplistic way, her hair was dark and straight, her eyes wide and similarly dark as she regarded him, her thin lips set in a tight line, uncomfortable in the presence of two vampires, "I assume you are Marie?"

"Yes." She replied in heavily accented English. Wolfgang nodded with a sigh, turning back to Nathaniel with the full intensity of his hazel eyes. The vampire seemed to shirk under his gaze momentarily before he stood his ground, "And you can vouch for her, Nathaniel?"

"Yes." Nathaniel replied, nodding slowly, "Natalya is in Saxony."

"Well then, let's go hunting." Wolfgang announced walking past them as his coat billowed in the wind, rain beating down around him, "To Schloss Raske, my friend."

**********

"Will you be done before or after the world ends?" Wolfgang questioned, crossing his arms as he watched the witch. The woman turned to him, her face set in a scowl as she looked up from the map of Saxony, "These spells take time."