Chapter 31 - 'Anything For You, Geliebte.'

Warning - This chapter contains mature scenes.

Wolfgang surged forwards, reaching for the door when a pair of hands held him back. The hunter growled, shoving Marcel aside as he continued towards the double doors. The Enhanced Original sighed before he grabbed Wolfgang and slammed him roughly against the wall, Kol helping Marcel to restrain him.

"You can't go in there." Marcel said with finality in his voice. Wolfgang shook his head, the Nachtstern's eyes flashing crimson as he pushed both Marcel and Kol away. Wolfgang's suit was ripped, blood staining his face and clothes as he faced the pair.

"You may care about her, but Hope is my wife, I know what's best for her." Wolfgang replied, his hazel eyes set with determination. Marcel sighed, shaking his head as he held his hands up in a show of peace. The Enhanced Original was also bloody, having aided the Nachtstern in the slaughter of the witches who opposed the miraculous event that had taken place.

"You need to calm down, Wolfgang. The Crescent wolves are in there, they'll take care of her, she's their alpha." Kol advised and Wolfgang laughed coldly, shaking his head. A loud scream sounded from inside the room and Wolfgang rushed towards the door as Marcel and Kol tried to restrain him again, "To hell with the werewolves, you should've called me the moment it started."

"Hey, listen. Rebekah, Freya, Charlotte and Julian are with her, Hope'll be fine." Marcel assured Wolfgang but the hunter pushed his arm away, still determined to enter his bedroom, "I'm a doctor, Marcel, I know what I'm doing."

Wolfgang pushed open the doors, entering the master bedroom as a baby cried out. Julian stood to the side, glancing at his employer. The Crescent Pack were scattered around the large bedroom, ensuring that no harm came to their alpha. The Nachtstern vampire stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes fell on Hope. The tribrid was lying on the bed, blood staining the sheets as Freya wiped sweat from her brow, Rebekah holding her niece's hand. Wolfgang took a step towards his beloved, pausing when he noticed Charlotte, who faced him with a wide smile, a bundle of cloth in her arms.

"Congratulations, brother." Charlotte said as she handed the small child to Wolfgang. The hunter took the baby, holding it with reverence as he moved the blanket to see the child's face, "You're a father, Wolf."

Wolfgang's eyes remained fixed on the baby in his arms, widening as his lips curved upwards in a joyful grin, the edges of his eyes creasing with unrestrained happiness. Pride rose in Wolfgang alongside an indescribable amount of excitement. The hunter held in his own arms his flesh and blood, his heir, the very testament to his love of Hope. Charlotte watched her brother and nephew, a smile on her face too.

"It's a boy." Rebekah said softly and Wolfgang looked up, walking towards Hope, making sure to hold his son properly as he took a seat besides his wife. The Mikaelson looked at him, offering a weak smile as she tried to fight off her exhaustion.

"He's beautiful, Wolf." Hope said, her voice tired as Wolfgang leaned his forehead against hers, holding the child up for Hope to see. The tribrid sighed, holding her arms out and Wolfgang placed their son in his mother's arms.

Wolfgang smiled again as he took in the sight of his wife holding their firstborn, her lips curved upwards in a smile as she gazed at her son lovingly. Hope glanced up, meeting Wolfgang's eyes as his smile widened.

"What about his name?" Hope questioned and Wolfgang frowned momentarily before he shook his head the smile returning as he wrapped an arm around Hope's shoulder, bringing her and the baby closer to him, an overwhelming urge to protect them rising in him as he whispered the name of his son.