Chapter 36 - 'This Is Going To Be Fun.'

Warning - This chapter contains mature scenes.

Wolfgang dabbed at his lips with the handkerchief, wiping away the blood staining his lips as he approached the door to his mansion. Stood outside the double doors was a postman, waiting patiently for someone to answer and looked slightly cautious at delivering to Wolfgang's mansion. The Nachtstern frowned as he walked up to the man.

"Uh, do you live here?" The postman asked, turning to face the hunter and Wolfgang frowned again, folding his arms as he nodded. He didn't usually get deliveries at his front door, any mail he personally recieved was either given in person or through the loading bay on the side, not at his front door, "Yes, I do. Deliveries are taken at the side entrance."

"I was expressly instructed to deliver to the recipient directly." The postman explained and Wolfgang's frown grew as he regarded the man carefully, noting the blank look in his eyes and the monotony of his tone - clear signs of compulsion. The Nachtstern vampire fidgited with his daylight ring, staring intently at the delivery man, "Who is your parcel for?"

"Uh... Satan." The delivery man replied, reading off the tablet he carried with him. Wolfgang let out a sigh, only one person used that nickname for him but the idea was highly improbable. Wolfgang ran a hand through his dark hair, his hazel eyes fixed on the postman with their smoldering intensity, "And the sender?"

The delivery man glanced down at his parcel and looked confused for a moment before he looked back up, the compulsion taking root. "It says the sender is Envy." The postman answered with a frown. Wolfgang rolled his eyes at the nickname and held his arms out for the package.

"It's for me." He said, taking the parcel with one hand and signing for it with the other. He carried it inside, moving to his right into the living room, where Hope sat, doing some last minute work at the wooden desk against the far wall.

"For Satan from Envy?" The Mikaelson asked, glancing down at the sender's address. Wolfgang nodded and stood back, crossing his arms after he placed the parcel down on the coffee table.

"Envy is a play on N.V. It stands for Natalya Vornehm." Wolfgang explained and Hope cocked an eyebrow at him, crossing her arms as she met his gaze, prompting Wolfgang to unconsciously smile, "And Natalya is?"

"She's an old friend but she's dead." Wolfgang replied, the smile disappearing as something like guilt flashed in his hazel eyes momentarily. Wolfgang let out a sigh before he opened the parcel and withdrew it's contents. An envelope stained yellow with age and a small, rectangular wooden box.

Wolfgang looked at the letter and quickly placed it in the inner pocket of his suit jacket. It was addressed to 'Wolf' and was written in the distinctive handwriting of Katerina Petrova. The box, however, was varnished a dark chestnut, engraved with the Nachtstern crest, which was filled in with golden ink. Wolfgang knew what was in it and shook his head.

"Julian will handle that. Let's go." Wolfgang said, moving to the door. Hope deliberated for a moment, glancing at the wooden box abandoned on the coffee table, before she followed suit, walking with him towards the door.

**********

Hope sighed in frustration at Alyssa Chang, who still refused to reveal where she had hidden the ascendant. The witch had swapped the mystical devices during the creation of the prison world, leaving the Saltzman family trapped with Kai Parker and the other students Alaric had imprisoned there.

"Let me have a try at it." Wolfgang said, stepping closer to Hope. The tribrid crossed her arms and turned to him, raising an eyebrow, "How are you going to get her to talk? She's probably on vervain."