Chapter 34 - 'That's Enough Of The Emo Prince.'

A/N - Above is a picture of Wolfgang's daylight ring. His one has the Nachtstern Family Crest in gold on the seal, with it being raised on the Lapis Lazuli rather than engraved like in the picture.

Julian's fingers moved across the piano keys expertly, moving with finesse as he played. Contrary to what one would expect, his eyes were not focused on his actions or the sheet music in front of him. The butler's gaze was fixed on the couple in front of him instead, moving in rhythm with each other as they danced to the music.

Hope was beaming as Wolfgang twirled her around, spinning the tribrid out with ease before spinning her back in. The Nachtstern vampire returned her smile as they continued dancing, Julian's music picking up in pace as their movements followed suit. Wolfgang dipped Hope low, his face millimetres away from hers, a palpable tension hanging between them before he lifted her up and continued the dance.

The two were dressed formally, having previously had dinner at one of the finer restaurants close by. Wolfgang was dressed in a navy blue suit, a white shirt and matching blue tie around his neck. Hope, however, had chosen to take Wolfgang's colour scheme, wearing a black dress that came to her knees, the dip in her dress that bared the slightest hint of cleavage enticing Wolfgang to glance down rather than stare into her eyes.

"So, is this our thing now?" Hope questioned, placing her hand back on Wolfgang's shoulder as his own slid down her back and to her waist. The Nachtstern nodded, leaning closer as he whispered in her ear, "We had our first kiss during a dance. I realised I loved you during a dance, and I first told you I loved you during a dance. I'd say dancing was always our thing, Geliebte."

"Well, I like it, Wolf." Hope replied and Wolfgang nodded as he spun her round again, moving with grace around his underused ballroom as Julian continued to play. Wolfgang had to admit that he'd never heard the Delaurentis vampire play before but his skill with the piano was undeniable.

"And I like you." Wolfgang said, dipping her low again as he pulled her closer, his breath ghosting the inside of her ear as he did so, "And I like the dress you're wearing too. I'd like to tear it off you even more."

"Not tonight." Hope chided lightly, pressing a gentle kiss to Wolfgang's cheek as she stood on her tiptoes in order to reach him. The hunter pulled his hand away from their interlaced hands, placing his index finger under her chin before tilting her head upwards to face him. Wolfgang leaned down, his lips meeting hers as he held her in his arms before pulling away.

"I think I should get you back to the school before Alaric has a fit." Wolfgang said. The tribrid nodded mutely as Julian stopped playing, smiling at the two as he pulled his white gloves back on, standing to his feet. The butler adjusted his suit jacket before he reached for the keys to Wolfgang's Aston Martin, handing it to his employer with a nod.

**********

Wolfgang stepped out of the ensuite bathroom, a white towel wrapped around his waist as he ran a hand through his wet, messy hair. The Nachtstern sighed, walking towards the false armoire that was the entrance to his walk in wardrobe, pulling it open before walking in.

Wolfgang picked up another towel, rubbing at his wet hair with it as he unwrapped the one around his waist, heading towards the suit he would be wearing for the day. Julian had picked out a double vented suit in Wolfgang's primary colour - black. The butler had then selected a matching shirt to go with it, the cufflinks for them set on the vanity table along with a watch, Hope's ring, his cologne and the hair products Wolfgang would use to perfect the mess on top of his head.

Wolfgang sighed, pulling on a pair of boxers and the suit trousers, covering his cold feet with black socks as he did so. The hunter regarded himself in the mirror for a moment, running a hand over his clean-shaven jaw before he traced over the heptagram carved into the flesh above his heart. Wolfgang shivered as though he was cold before he pulled on the shirt, buttoning it up quickly to hide the brand from his eyes.