Chapter 14 - 'What Am I If Not The Eternal Playboy?'

"That has never happened before." The Nachtstern vampire apologised, "I have no idea what's wrong with me."

"It's okay, everyone gets a little bit of performance anxiety now and then."

Wolfgang looked over at the other man in his bed. He was blond, with stunning green eyes and strong, chiselled features. Was his name Derek or Eric? Maybe it was Scott?

Whatever his name was, for some reason, the blond just wasn't doing it for the Nachtstern vampire. Wolfgang wasn't exactly sure why. His stamina and prowess in the bedroom was legendary.

"I don't get performance anxiety, ever." Wolfgang spoke back, his hazel eyes staring into the man's with a hard glare, "And if I was going to, you wouldn't give it to me, Derek."

"My name's Martin." The blond corrected, crossing his arms as he regarded the Nachtstern with a glare. Wolfgang shrugged, rising from the bed in all of his naked glory.

"Well, right now, you're useless." Wolfgang shot back, finding his trousers and pulling them up, "Seeing as we're not going to have sex, you can put some clothes on and leave."

"You're an asshole." Martin swore, getting out of Wolfgang's bed. He rummaged through the pile of clothes on the floor, finding his pants and jeans before pulling them on.

"You're not the first to say it, sweetheart." The vampire replied, not really paying attention. Wolfgang was instead reading the label of a bottle of whiskey before taking a deep swig.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out." Wolfgang said with mock sweetness as Martin walked out of his bedroom.

"Fuck you, man." The blond swore. Martin walked away, leaving Wolfgang alone with his sexual problem and a large bottle of alcohol.

**********

"You seem particularly morbid today, Herr Nachtstern." Julian commented as he walked into the sitting room. The sight before him was explanatory. Wolfgang was lying down on a couch, his head hanging off the end with a large frown on his face.

"I'm having problems, Julian." Wolfgang explained, "Really bad problems."

"Well, perhaps I can be of use?" Julian offered. Wolfgang nodded, letting out a deep sigh, "To put it bluntly, I can't get it up."

"Maybe you've exhausted yourself?" Julian said. The butler took a seat in an armchair opposite Wolfgang, crossing his legs as he regarded his employer.

"No, that's not it." Wolfgang replied. He was finding it difficult to put his issue into words but he had to at least try, "The issue isn't me. It's the people I'm trying to do it with."

Julian nodded. He looked at Wolfgang knowingly. For a seven hundred year old, the Nachtstern really lacked emotional awareness.

"If I may be so prudent, I might suggest you have a particular someone in mind." Julian said softly. He was aware he may have been pushing the limits with his words but it was necessary.

"When I develop feelings of that nature, I usually fuck them out of my system." Wolfgang explained. The older vampire sat up, burying his face in his hands, "And now, that's not working."

"Then it may be time to confront your feelings rather than pushing them down." Julian said. Wolfgang shook his head, letting out a groan.

"What am I if not the eternal playboy?" Wolfgang asked. Julian nodded slowly, acknowledging that this would be one of the rare moments that his employer allowed himself to be vulnerable.

"You're just a man, Sir." Julian replied, "And sometimes men have to face feelings they're not ready for. Feelings that they don't want but have to accept."