6. First Encounter.

"LADY LUCCIA!" The noble lady shrieked, rushing over to Y/N's side and flitting around frantically. "Are you hurt?! Are you dead?! I hope you're not dead, I would be so distraught if you were!" She bent down to pester her.

For the first time, Y/N was able to get a good look at her. Her skin was dark caramel, complemented by the pink and coral dress she wore. Her hair was black and flowed down her back in voluminous waves. Her eyes were a warm hazel framed by think lashes and filled with concern.

"No, I'm fine-" Y/N began, her voice a bit hoarse as she got to her feet. Her hair was filled with sticks and leaves, but before she could make much headway in brushing them out she was tackled by the noble lady.

"OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" She squealed, embracing Y/N as she took her garment back. "I don't know what I would have done without my lucky shawl!"

"It was the least I could do-" Y/N tried to speak, only to be interrupted.

"Are you joking!?" The lady protested, only squeezing Y/N tighter. "That has to be the bravest most heroic thing I've ever seen anyone do - especially a woman!" She gushed.

"You flatter me too highly-" Y/N wheezed as her recently regained breath was squeezed from her lungs again.

"Oh, there's no need to be humble," the lady giggled, as she pulled away. She looked to be a bit older than Y/N, but her mannerisms were much younger. "Not when I've seen what you can do!"

"But I just-" Y/N said weakly, beginning to realize that nothing she said got through to her present company.

"I know what I'll do! I'll make you one of my ladies-in-waiting!" She gasped in glee, clapping her hands together. "COME ON, LET'S GO!!!"

"Wait I-" Y/N tried to pull away, but the lady had a shockingly firm grip that she used to drag Y/N with her as she tore through the halls at a dead sprint.

Y/N struggled to keep pace with her, scared that they were bound to collide with something, but the lady seemed to know her way around better than Y/N would have guessed. Before long the lady came to a halt as she spotted Dembocc Micci, Y/N's boss.

"MICCI! Micci Micci Micci!" She called in excitement as she rushed over to him, dragging the unwilling Y/N behind her.

"Yes... Lady Cascia?" The older man greeted her looking skyward, Y/N could see him growing fatigued just by proximity to the excitable lady.

"Do you know where my father is?!" Cascia asked, her eyes twinkling as she danced around the older man in anticipation, still keeping her tight hold on Y/N's wrist which was beginning to go numb. "Come on, it's a matter of the utmost importance! A hero's honor is on the line!"

"I'm afraid that your father, Dembocc Biustanini, is in the middle of a private meeting with the king and can be disturbed by no one," Micci responded in a very tired voice.

"Aww! I guess that means that I can't get you a medal for valor," The lady sighed dramatically, though Y/N very much doubted that she would get a medal for climbing a tree even if her father wasn't busy. "But I can still make you my lady-in-waiting! MICCI! Do you know where Abeli is?!" She suddenly perked up, calling Micci back just as he had begun to make his escape.

"Despite the misconception, you seem to have, I do not know the location of everyone in the palace at every given moment." He gripped the bridge of his nose, trying to remain calm. "However, I believe 'Abeli' as you call him is currently practicing archery-"

"-THANK YOU MICCI!" Cascia exclaimed with such enthusiasm that Y/N felt a ringing in her ears from the sheer volume of it. "Come on! Come on! Let's go!" She took off again, dragging Y/N behind her. She raced down the road towards the archery fields near the main gates, moving with surprising agility given her voluminous dress.