31. Curious Still.

The Crown Prince sat on a high balcony overlooking the ocean in an ornate chair as he enjoyed a luxurious tea service with cakes and other sweet things. He took a sip from the sweetened cup of tea but found to his surprise that it didn't taste nearly as pleasing as the tea which Enicia had served him.

He took a few more sips to be sure but each one was less satisfying than the one before, and even with the sweet cream and honey it couldn't compare to the tea he had in the kitchen. He set his teacup down and produced his journal about Y/N from his pocket, the thought of his visits to the kitchen making him want to reference it again.

He flipped quickly through the first several pages which detailed his first few encounters with Y/N to get to the last entry in which he had recorded all of Enicia's answers to his questions. He read them over carefully, wanting to see if he had missed anything.

What was Y/N's past? She was an abandoned child who was taken in by a spinner who raised her like her own daughter.

Why did Y/N have such good manners being so new to the palace? Enicia taught her everything she had learned in her high-class family.

Why was she so standoffish with him at first? She was nervous about interacting with the crown prince and saying something that may offend him.

The crown prince reflected as he closed the leather-bound journal. Every answer and every description, it fits all of the anomalies I have observed with Y/N, I should be more than satisfied... But I'm not. He looked out on the sparkling blue sea, instead of feeling at ease finally knowing the truth he felt restless and even disappointed.

Y/N is an abandoned child who was taken in by a woman who was cast out from a higher life after refusing to marry, and got by as a spinner while still raising the girl with manners. From top to bottom it aligned with every single anomaly that he had ever noticed about Y/N, she was an abandoned spinner-girl who had entered the palace and become a lady-in-waiting, that was it.

It all makes perfect sense! So why do I still feel so unsatisfied? Prince Abeloni ran his fingers roughly through his chocolate curls, inadvertently freeing several strands from the ribbon which held them bound at the nape of his neck.

All the information I want is on these pages, He flipped through the book still feeling like something was missing even though everything he wanted was there, and yet I feel worse off than the day I first gained an interest in Y/N.

He thought about how miserable he felt even though he had solved the puzzle that had been vexing him for so long. Everything almost feels like it fits together too perfectly too seamlessly but that's ridiculous, he snickered at the ridiculous thought to ignore the fact that it actually struck a chord in him, there's no such thing.

He bit his lip, he felt hollow and void of the excitement he felt while pursuing information about Y/N, but just the thought of her was able to ignite the same longing desire for knowledge he had for her. Why do I still feel a burning desire to know Y/N, I know everything important yet it's not enough? He asked in confusion as he looked up at the cloudless sky, searching for answers he couldn't seem to find on the ground.

When I'm with her I feel so-so, So animated! He thought, a giddy smile stretching his tan features as he thought about the incredible liveliness that he experienced with Y/N, especially the last time he was with her. He had watched her as they had sipped their tea in the kitchen, feeling enraptured by the sight of her even though she was only drinking tea. It feels like waking from a long time asleep. Every nerve is on end, it's overwhelming yet I can't get enough.

He shook his head, realizing how ridiculous his thoughts were. Perhaps it was just the second cup of tea that led to these strange feelings being accentuated the last time we spoke, he tried to rationalize the strange lightness that he had felt so strongly in her company that evening.

He looked down at the less pleasing cup of tea before him and realized that there was only one way to be sure if it was really just the tea that made him feel those things. He swallowed two cups of tea in quick succession and set the cup back down on the saucer roughly. Ugh, I feel sick, He groaned, gripping his stomach as he felt incredibly ill. This definitely isn't the same feeling as the one I get around Y/N, this is just nausea, so what is it that I feel around Y/N?

"Let's see," he opened his journal to a blank page and retrieved a pencil from the depths of his pockets. "What exactly do I feel around her?" He tapped it against his chin in thought before he began listing out everything he felt when he was with Y/N, trying to figure out what was with him.

-Excitement
-Nervous, and slightly sick to my stomach.
-Giddy, like none of my problems, matter anymore.
-I feel hot all over and I scarcely have the confidence to talk to her anymore.

"But what does it mean - No," His teal eyes went wide as he suddenly realized what all those things reminded him of. "It can't be!" He reached for the romance novel on the table that he was currently reading, they were a secret pleasure of his, about a dashing adventurer and a beautiful princess and quickly thumbed through the pages in search of the part where he is first realizing the shy princess is the one he has fallen in love with.

It-It all lines up, He thought as he read the descriptions that were nearly identical to what he felt. I always thought that the descriptions of love were exaggerated, but that's exactly how I feel around Y/N, I can't have fallen in love so fast though, right?

Closing the book, he turned his attention to the crystal blue waters far below again, his mind racing at his new idea. There's one way to know for sure, he thought as he opened the novel with a new purpose, I have to do something romantic with Y/N to see if it really is love that I'm feeling.

A/N

Abeloni is such an innocent little bean, he must be protected. He. Must. Be. Protected.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~