50. Breaking the News pt2.

Y/N clenched her fists tighter and tighter as she approached the door to the parlor where the high-ranking servants spent their leisure time. She knew that now she had decided to leave revenge in the past she'd have to inform Enicia and Tôrrsk about it, but she was unsure how they would take the news.

Drawing in a shaky breath and ignoring the pounding of her heart she pushed the door open and stepped into the servants' parlor. Scanning the unfamiliar faces of the various head housekeepers and other high-ranking servants until she caught sight of Enicia, looking older than before.

"Enicia, if you're free, would you join me for a walk?" Y/N asked, her demeanor much more subdued than normal.

"Of course!" The older woman exclaimed, setting down her embroidery hoop and rising elegantly from her seat. "I've hardly seen you since you left the infirmary and that simply must be remedied." She stated as she linked her arm with Y/N's and walked out of the parlor without sparing a glance behind her.

The two women walked arm in arm through the halls of the palace without saying a word to each other. Enicia seemed content with the silence and Y/N was too preoccupied with her nerves to come up with small talk. "Have you been well?" She finally asked, breaking the silence that had lingered between them.

"As well as can be expected considering that I am still a suspect for attempting to poison the royal family," The older woman replied in a blunt tone but the twinkle in her eyes making it clear that it was supposed to be a joke. "And that I wasn't sure if you were alive or dead until yesterday," she added, her brows furrowed and deepened the worry lines on her face.

"I'm sorry to have put you through that," Y/N apologized, feeling a pang of guilt as she realized that her thirst for revenge had hurt more people than just herself. "you have always been there supporting and helping me... Even when I wasn't the most appreciative or grateful..." She looked away, ashamed by how demanding she still was at times.

"Alright, what do you want to tell me?" Enicia asked plainly, looking Y/N square in the eyes as she did so. "It's not that I don't appreciate your gratitude, but it's unlike you to come and see me unless you have something of more substance to talk about."

"You are as observant as ever," she shook her head and sighed. She should have known that Enicia would see right through her weak attempt at small talk. "I wanted to talk about the reason why we began working in the palace."

"Yes?" The old governess encouraged Y/N to continue. 

"Well, after coming so close to death I have had a realization," She turned her head away, unable to look Enicia in the eyes as she spoke. "I have been pondering over it during my recovery and have come to my decision at last."

She took a shaky breath and tried to stop the nauseous feeling rising from her stomach consume her. "As you are probably aware by now, the Crown Prince is quite fond of me and is not subtle about his feelings." She smiled briefly before her anxiety took over again. "But what you are unaware of is that I've come to feel the same way for him, and that's why I've decided to leave my past and my plans for revenge behind me. I'm sorry to be such a disappointment, I disrupted our peaceful life because I wanted revenge and now I won't even be able to get that for you-"

"-Don't be sorry Y/N, I'm so proud of you," Enicia interrupted her, catching her off guard by her gentle tone. "I swore to protect you no matter what. When you decided that you wanted revenge of course I would be there for you because I want nothing more for you to be happy and to know peace in your heart, but it would be a lie if deep down I didn't hope that you would find happiness without having to carry the burden of killing another person."

"I love you Enicia!" Y/N cried, bursting into sobs as she turned around and flung her arms around her old governess, grateful beyond words that she was so cared for.

"I love you too Y/N," Enicia soothed her by stroking her hair as she held her in a tight maternal embrace, "always."

. . .

"Good, afternoon Törrsk," Y/N greeted the tall man in the same courtyard where they spent lots of time together over the past months. She had parted ways with Enicia and he was the last person she had to inform about the change of plans. "lovely weather today isn't it?"

"Too hot far me," He replied flatly, shielding his face from the golden light of the sun as he looked towards Y/N. "But if ya like it ay like it."

Y/N steadied herself, even though Enicia's positive response had encouraged her she was still nervous. "Törrsk, I have something I have to tell you."

"Vhat is it?" He asked tilting his head, causing a few strands of his hair to fall into his face.

"I-I don't want revenge anymore," she stammered, looking down at the neat grass beneath her feet, unable to meet his icy cold gaze. "I don't have the heart to do it anymore."

"That's fine," he responded flatly, placing a large hand on her shoulder and smiling before turning on his heel and walking towards the exit of the sunny courtyard. "Ay vill do it then. Ay vill kill the kyng and his kin and get revenge far both of us-"

"-NO!" Y/N exclaimed, clutching onto his hand and stopping him in his tracks. "No, you can't kill them! I love Abeloni!" Y/N explained, desperate for him to not kill them.

"Ya..." He said in a low voice barely above a whisper, his pale face cased in deep shadow. "Ya Vyrröch* are all the same." He said flatly, his voice void of emotion, before walking off.

. . .

"Who goes there?!" Prince Abeloni called, sensing someone in the doorway of his office, not bothering to look up he kept his attention on the journal filled with all the information he had gathered about his love.

"Prynce Abeloni," a deep, thickly accented voice spoke from the doorway, the intonation of the speaker sending chills down his spine. "Ay have something Ay vant to tell ya." 

"Speak then," the brunette commanded, trying not to reveal how unsettling the newcomer's presence was.

"Yar lover's true name," The man replied as he stepped into the light and bowed his head before the crown prince, "is Pryncess Y/N of Vascini."

A/N

Oooooo, talk about a cliffhanger! I'll be switching back to writing Folie à Deux, so it'll be a bit before the next chapter comes out. ^~^

Until next time I'll see you on the other side.

~J. C. Coltt.~