21. Teach Me.

"Are y-you sure?" Y/N asked Cascia in disbelief a few days after the ball as she held onto the scarlet dress she had borrowed along with the black gloves. "This is your dress, so much work went into it, I wouldn't feel right keeping it-" she began as she tried to return the garments to their owner.

"-Oh stop worrying about it so much!" Cascia interrupted her, giggling with a careless wave of her hand as she turned around and walked towards the small bookshelf she had that leaned against the far wall. "After all the good work you've done for me, it's the least I can do for you!"

"T-thank you," Y/N stammered as she looked down at the lovely gown in awe and gratitude, she never thought that she'd own a dress like that again in her life. "I-I'll be sure to treasure it lady Cascia-"

"-There's no need to be so moved," Cascia laughed as she tossed out books onto the floor carelessly in her pursuit of one specific volume. "It's only a dress after all." She stated as though it was an item of little value or consequence, and to her it was.

Only a dress? Y/N thought incredulously as she stared down at the magnificent showcase of the best tailoring the kingdom had to offer. This probably took months of labor to complete and Lady Cascia is giving it away as though it was nothing more than a small trinket - but I was like that once, Y/N recalled, think about how careless she was with her things when she was a princess. The queen and especially the king had doted on her in the same way that Cascia's parents undoubtedly doted on her. If her kingdom hadn't been conquered she probably never would have learned the true value of the luxuries she had previously taken for granted.

"Hello, Lady Cascia" Y/N jumped, startled by the sound of a voice. She turned to see Lady Cascia greeting a surprisingly familiar and handsome young man at the door. "I just thought that I'd stop in for tea, only if that's alright with you of course." Prince Abeloni said as he gave his cousin a charming smile.

Cascia beamed up at him, "Of course it's alright with me!" Y/N froze up as her lady led the Crown Prince into the extravagant bed-chamber. "You're really funny sometimes, you know that?" She lightly shoved his shoulder as they both sat down at the tea table and she began making tea.

"The way you have your tea made is always superb Cascia," Prince Abeloni praised her before he turned his attention to the handmaiden who still stood paralyzed by anxiety from the sight of him. "Y/N would you care to join as for tea?" He asked her with the most charming smile she had ever seen. 

Y/N felt her blood pound in her head and heat rise to her face as she made eye contact with his bright teal eyes. She was frozen by anxiety and fear at that moment. Despite her previous plans, all she could think of was to get away. ''Excuse me Cascia, I have other things to attend to," she finally said as she rushed from the room.

Y/N slammed the door behind her and rushed down several halls before she eventually came to a stop and leaned her back against the yellow wall. Ugh! Why did I do that?! I'm supposed to be getting closer to the Crown Prince, not running away from him! She thought in anger and disgust at herself.

I need to get a hold of myself! Y/N growled in irritation at her behavior. I'll never get close to him like I promised I would if I keep getting so frightened by him!

"Y/N?" She was startled for a second time and looked up in surprise to see Törrsk walking towards her carrying a large pile of laundry, concern on her generally blank face. "Vhat's vrong? Vhat happened?"

"I-I'm supposed to be getting close to the Crown Prince, but I freeze up whenever he's around," Y/N groaned, rubbing her face in irritation. "I-I don't even know if I'd be able to kill him or the king and queen, even if I was given the chance."

"So... That's vhat's bothering ya," Törrsk said as a look of deep thought crossed over his pale countenance. "Vell, ay can't do much for yar fear of him, but ay could train ya how to kyll."

"Really?" Y/N asked, looking up at him with unmasked shock. "You know how to do that?"

"Mine kind have strong gifts to-to kyll," He replied, struggling to come up with the proper words to describe the unique characteristics of his people. "If ya want ta learn meet me in the yard tonight." He told her before he walked away.

. . .

Following Törrsks instructions, once it got dark and the sound of activity had petered out, Y/N slipped from her small room and made her way to the quiet courtyard where she had first met Lady Cascia and where she now found Törrsk standing alone in wait for her arrival.

"Y/N... Ay am glad ya came," Törrsk said, his head swiveling sharply in the direction of her soft footsteps, his face an eery white in the moonlight. "Are ya sure ya want to learn how to kyll, it'll be hard since ya are not Nöerrc?" He asked her.

"I'm sure!" Y/N said certainly, she would do whatever she had to for the sake of avenging her people and family. "I want you to teach me everything you know, I don't care how hard it is!"

"Very vell," Törrsk nodded, believing her words. "Brace, ay am gonna attack ya," he commanded in a more harsh tone than the one he normally addressed Y/N with.

Y/N was not sure quite what to do, so she just stepped an arm's length away from him and straightened her spine before she declared "I'm ready."

Almost immediately after she was knocked to the ground effortlessly by the slave. "Ve have much vork to do," he said from where he stood looking down at her. "Yar stance vas unstable, get on yar feet and try again!"

A/N

I'm glad to see that Y/N is getting more training for how she eventually plans to kill the Luccian Royal Family.

Also I'm so sorry I forgot to post this chapter AGAIN! T^T

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~