Weak

Two and a half months have passed since I've figured out about it. And it didn't take long for me to begin to feel weak.

It started with my weakening ability to train in order to keep my strength up.

Now, I can't even get out of bed without help. Everytime I've tried to drink blood, I'd end up throwing it up.

It's to the point I wouldn't even try it anymore. It's too much of a pain if my body wouldn't even take it properly.

I have reason to believe the fetus isn't accepting any human blood I try to feed it, instead rejecting it and taking my own instead to satisfy its need for nutrients.

Which is why I'm so weak.

I quietly release my breath, staring at the mirror. A woman I hardly recognized stared back at me.

Her face was pale and sickly, like she hasn't been getting enough sleep or nutrition for weeks. Her eyes were sunken in and the once happy blood red hue in her eyes have faded with weariness. Her damp dark gray hair stuck to her skin. She looked to be on the verge of being skin and bones.

There were a million things about her that were so different as compared to when she began her pregnancy. One thing is for sure, she wasn't healthy. It was the baby. The fetus growing in her is killing her slowly.

She was dying and she knew it.

I barely noticed Crowley's figure in the mirror behind me. My hand clenched the towel around my thin body as he asks "Did you have a shower? How are you feeling?" quietly the moment I noticed he was here.

A frown pursed my lips as I look away. He's said that alot to me lately.

"I'm just tired" I'd lie. He remained still and quiet, the way he always would when I answer. He wouldn't push it if I mentioned that I was tired or hungry. And frankly, I'm glad he did.

I cant tell him that over these past few weeks, ive grown with anxiety about what might happen when i give birth to this baby. I want this child more than anything just as he does...but I know deep down that I'm probably not gonna come out of this seeing the baby.

That my body might give out before it's even born. After all, I'm still part human. There's still a part of me that isn't as resilient or as strong as the other part. Mentally or physically.

I'm scared of dying. Of not being able to see my child grow up. Of becoming like my mother when she gave birth to me.

"How are you really feeling?" He asks, breaking me out of my weighing thoughts. I look up in the mirror to find that he was right behind me.

Tears fill my eyes. "I'm scared" I say as I turn to face him.

"Why?" He asks.

I felt myself bite my lower lip. My teeth sink into my skin to try and hide the quiver that was beginning to show. "Everything. What if the baby dies, what if I get too sick, what if I-" I start to rant.

"Hey" He interrupts. I look up to meet his stern eyes. "It won't happen Leila. Not a single part of it" He says, taking my hands gently in his own. My eyes shift to the ground.

"I know but..." I took in a shakey breath.

"Its not going to. I won't let it" He says in a way that sounds like hes reassuring himself more than me.

I sigh he quickly pulled me into a gentle hug Tears fell down my cheeks as my face buries itself in the crook of his neck. I feel his body relax. A familiar, intoxicating smell invaded my senses and I feel my breath hitch.

I turn to where it came from just to find Crowley's wrist bleeding.

I took a deep breath. "Try this" He says. In a flash, like a pouncing animal, I took his wrist and began to suck the spewing blood. The hunger that was growing in my body began to die away and yet I didn't feel like throwing it up.

My mind hazed over the more I drank.

Tears line my eyes. I felt amazing, satisfied like I'm finally eating a meal for the first time in a century.

I push him away. He looked at me with a confused look. It rejects human blood. But I've never tried vampire blood.

My body has always been a balance between an animalistic mythic being and a living human. When the balance is tipped towards one side, my world is thrown into a chaos that leaves me to suffer alone. I usually can't eat or sleep. I hate it...but maybe this is part of the solution.

"Your blood" I say. His eyebrows furrowed, making his confused look even more confused. "That's what's gonna help me"

***

(A few days later)

I quietly sigh, pressing my palm against my stomach where it was. "Yours and it's heartbeat is stronger." Chess says.

I hum in agreement. "I guess a little vampire blood was all it wanted." I mumble.

"So how are you feeling?" She asks as she placed her hand gently atop my small bump next to my hand. I smile. "Much better now. I don't think I'm as scared anymore."

I know I kinda just spewed nonsense on this one but I couldn't think of much to write for this chapter. Stupud writers block...😡👊.I apologize if you didn't like it but I have better stuff planned out for the future. Thank you for reading ❤❤❤.