SEASON 2: His Blood

The room was dim and comfortably cool. She lay, asleep on the bed in one of the mansion's many bedrooms for the first time in about 3 days. He quietly entered the room to find her in her current state.

Relaxed. At peace. Her heartbeat was gentle and even with her breathing in the same way. He'd hate to wake her up when she's in such a way but she needed to drink. Otherwise, she wouldn't last with what Ferid's got planned.

She was halfway under the covers. Her abdomen was revealed from her bunched up shirt. Scars litter her pale skin, one just under her sternum from the attack and one on her pelvis from the Cesarean section they performed almost half a hear ago to bring Emelisse into the world.

"Dont you realize that I've been through too many wars, a pregnancy that almost killed me and a stab to the chest to die. I have you and the girls to fight for. I can't die Crowley"

He sat down next to her on the bed, placing his gloved hand gently against her exposed skin. Her heartbeat and gentle breaths push into his touch. She certainly is resilient. Strong and beautiful.

No one, not even he, can compare.

She took in a deep breath and her intoxicating red eyes open. A smile covered her lips as she slid her hand on the one resting on her person.

Even after these many years together, Crowley still find himself falling in love with her over again as if it is for the first time. A warm, relaxed and soft feeling like honey rushed through his veins when he realized she's safe and happy.

"Hey" I whisper.

Crowley smiled. "Hey" he whispered in return, rubbing his thumb across my knuckles. "How are you feeling?" He asks. Refreshed on sleep, thirsty beyond all belief. The dull ache in my chest was starting to return due to my lack of sustenance.

"Parched" I answer summarizing it in a simple word, earning a chuckle in return.

"Well. I made sure to drink extra so you don't have to choke down Ferid's supply" He admits.

"My hero" I state with a toothy grin as I sat up, letting him direct me to sit on his lap.

I pull aside the collar of his jacket, leaning down to his neck to press a gentle kiss against the pulsepoint. His hands grip my hips as I bit into his skin. Blood oozed into my mouth and a sudden memory came rushing back to me.

"Hang on Leila." He says before a new scent of blood blew in the air. His blood. His lips quickly connected to mine and a thick, mouthwatering liquid began filling my mouth. It tasted so refreshing to the point I felt like I was dying for more. I drank it all, never feeling satisfied as he pulled away to get more.

A sick feeling filled my stomach at the thought. Had it not been for Crowley's blood, I would've died. Him being there is the only reason I'm alive. The only reason Emilesse is still here. There's no doubt to what could've happened had he not accompanied us to the park that day.

The once mouthwatering taste had a bitter kick to it now. Tears fill my eyes and I pull away.

Crowley caught on and gently pressed his hand to my cheek, wiping away the fallen tears. "What's wrong?" He asks. I shook my head.

"I dunno." I mumble, rubbing my palm to my eyes. "Your...your blood tastes different now". His face contorted in worry as he gently moved his hand down to rub his thumb across my lips, wiping away a fallen trail of blood. He looked helpless. He didn't expect this to happen.

I felt sick. But I needed to drink in order to stay strong for what was to come and I know drinking a child's from Ferid's supply would only make me feel worse. "What can I do?" He asks.

I sigh as I bit my bottom lip. "Just stay still" I say.

I lean down again and gently lick away the blood from the place I bit before and bit into the same spot again. Blood pooled into my mouth again.

I feel my hair get tucked behind my ear and suddenly, I feel grounded, back to earth from my high on Crowley's blood. I pull away as I feel a tear fall. His cold thumb pressed against my lip, wiping away the stray line of blood that ran down my chin. "Are you still thirsty?" He asks. I shook my head before I suddenly fall into a tight hug. "Thank you Crowley" I whisper. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as he returned the hug. "I feel so much better now".

My hands hold onto the hair at the base of his neck, fighting off the sick urge in my stomach.

He groans quietly, squeezing my hips at the feeling. "Leila" He breathes. A wave of heat rushed through my body and straight to the pit of my stomach. No matter how distasteful the memories his blood brings to me now, I still can't find myself to pull away. It's addicting and I quickly found myself getting lost in it, no matter how sick I felt.

"Leila" He says louder this time, warning in his tone that I might be going overboard. Quickly I started feeling much better, more full. I pull away, gasping for air. His cold hands pressed against my cheeks as I feel myself begin to calm down. He was quietly panting as well, pushing my hair from my face. "I'm sorry" I mumble.

"Don't apologize" He whispers, pressing a kiss to my blood covered lips. He licked away the remnants of my frenzy from my lips before pressing another kiss there "I remember a certain someone say it happens. You were thirsty."

I smile.

"I'm sorry" I mumble. He shook his head as he turned to push me on to his desks edge.

"I should be the one apologizing. I drank too much" He mumbles, allowing me to hold on to his arms to keep me up right. I look into his crimson eyes before they slowly wander down to his lips. A line of blood dripped down from the side of his lip.

I shook my head. "You dont need to apologize. You were thirsty. It happens" I say, as I slowly began to regain control of my mind.

Its like crave more but I feel sick knowing how bad I want it. I shouldn't want it because of the traumatizing memories it brings back.

Coming down off my high for his blood, I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I felt his hands on my jaw. I felt the bed underneath my knees that were straddled on either side of his hips. I felt him.

Not so subtly I reach down to start unbuckling the belt that held his sheath for his sword. "Leila" He says.

"I started this problem, might as well help you finish don't ya think?".