Different Plans

He heard her heart beat slowly. Her breath was quiet and even. A vampire sleeping...breathing. He was filled with fascination as he stood by her bed, watching her as she got in a few extra minutes of sleep. She was a vampire just as he was....but she wasnt. As he stood there, he began to feel the need to protect and perserve her humanity.

To protect her from the hell of the world just outside. Protect her from Ferid Bathory's devious plan and the war they were about to be thrown into. Deep down, he knew she didn't really want this, she was raised since birth to hate the people like Crowley, Ferid or Krul.

It wasnt love he felt. No, this feeling was like a best friend who'd give their life for their pair. Though he realizes that he just met this woman, he knows not the reason behind his feelings. It was a foreign feeling, but one he recognized from his lost humanity. All he knew is that his heart lost its beat long ago which is why he wanted help hers to keep going.

He reached down and gently pressed his ice cold hand against her bare, warm shoulder. She quietly groaned, turning to bury her face in the gray case of her pillow.

"Time to wake up Leila." He says.

She groaned even louder as a response, hoping it to be enough to leave her alone. He only chuckled as a smirk covered his face.

"I thought you said we weren't having training today" She states, her drowsy voice muffled by her pillow.

"I did." He says. He crossed his arms. "But Ferid Bathory has different ideas" He says.

"Ugh. Of course its Ferid freaking Bathory" She mumbles. He hummed in agreement. "What does he want?" She asks, turning her head to the side so he could possibly hear her better.

"He says he wants to find out if you are stronger than a 3rd progenitor" He says. Her head snapped up, looking at him with genuine confusin in her features.

"That's impossible. You saw me when I sparred with you. It's impossible if I can't even beat you" She says.

"True. But that's with swords. You're fighting Krul Tepes in hand to hand" He says.

"Krul Tepes. As in the Queen of the vampires in Japan?" She asks. He raised an eyebrow.

"Is there any other Krul Tepes you know?" He asks. Her face only dropped at his sarcastic words.

She took that snide remark as a yes.

He chuckled. "Come on. They're waiting for you." He says as before she sat up and threw aside the thick covers to her bed. "Hurry and get changed. I'll be outside" He says. She raised an eyebrow, watching the corpse as he turned to leave her bedroom.

"Cursed Ferid Bathory can't let a woman freaking sleep" she groans after a beat of silence. She scoot out of bed and stomped to get ready for what the corpse had in store.

***

The cold, bone chilling air stabbed my bare skin with pins and needles. The snow that fell last night, hardened to ice with the weather, crunched under our boots as Crowley and I walk to the courtyard of his claimed residence.

Standing in the snow, waiting for us was Ferid Bathory and a younger woman. "Ah so nice of you to join us. Good morning." Ferid says with a gut twisting smirk on his face.

I only shove my hands into the pockets of my jacket. "Can we get this over with Ferid? I want to go back to sleep" I say.

"Aw. No good morning in return? How unfair" He says. I gave him an unimpressed look along with Crowley at the same time. Ferid took notice of this and only laughed. "Leila, I believe you haven't yet met Krul Tepes. My queen, this is Leila Kuran"

"Third Progenitor Taichi Morohoshi's daughter, am I correct?" She asks. I nod. "You look like him. I pray his stubborn personality didnt pass on to you"

"Guess we'll just have to see then" I say.

"We can begin now if you like" He says. I look at Krul, earning a nod that she agrees with the quick start. The two men back away as Krul and I face eachother. "Don't hold back your highness" Crowley announced, making the queen smirk.

"I don't intend to" She says. We remain still for a second, staring at eachother, wondering who is gonna be the first to make a move. Before I knew it, I saw her drop into a sprint towards me.

My instinct I developed from my training with Crowley caused me to jump back in defense. Having her thrown off with the extra distance,  I quickly pull myself together and go on the offense, waiting till she got close enough before jumping to swing my leg.

My speed is just fast enough for her to miss blocking it. She flew back a yard or two and landed on her feet, sliding back till she came to a stop.

"Impressive my dear wild card" I hear Ferid say. I turn to look at him, seeing a look of amazement cover the corpse's face. "You're on the level of a 2nd progenitor" He says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Uh. Cool. Can I go back to bed now". Crowley smiled, crossing his arms and puffing his chest in pride.

Sure she was part human. She required sleep and had a pulse but she was strong as well. She had the blood of a 3rd progenitor and a human in her. She's nothing like he'd ever seen before...

All the more reason to keep her alive, he believes.