SEASON 2 : Different

3 DAYS LATER

I could've died. I almost did. Just because I'm a bastard child that is considered an abomination to the occupants of world.

Just because I'm different.

My heavy lidded eyes slowly cracked open. Light blinded my sight as my crimson eyes adjusted to being awake for the first time in a while. I took in a deep breath through my nose, getting cutoff my a dull ache in my chest. I groan quietly in pain as I exhale my breath.

I place my hand on my chest above the pain, feeling bandages underneath my fingertips. I felt bare, achey and tired. I didn't wanna move. "Crowley" my voice cracked, earning no response. I felt a similar dull pain on my face when I talked. "Crowley" I try again, biting back the pain on my face. And again, earning no response. I sigh, realizing he's not in the room.

I slowly sat up, fighting the pain that grew in my chest and bedridden muscles. I look around the room, finding it to be the same as when I saw it last. I confirmed no one was around.

I pull aside the covers and gently scoot out of bed and gently walk to the bathroom. The first thing I saw was myself in the mirror.

Faintly bloodied bandages cover my bare chest as I also wore a pair of shorts. Bruises decorate my skin around the wounded areas. A healed, giant pale mark embedded into my skin from under my right eye to the left side of my chin. I looked different.

Weak. Injured.

I tried to take in another deep breath as I begin to work off the bandages secured around me.

I eventually got to the end with it lying in a pool at my feet. I take in what it was protecting,, realizing I wouldn't have survived such a thing if I was human. A deep, almost healed scar vertically decorated my chest just under my cleavage.

A sudden sharp pain seared through my lower abdomen. My breath knocked out of me and I peer down silently, finding half of a blade pierce my skin. I gasp, finding my breath to be hindered to the blood that began to fill my throat. "Damned half breed. Ferid was an absolute fool to think you belong here" A cocky voice erupted behind me.

I heard no footsteps. Not even a simple heartbeat. "Dont worry about going to hell alone. Your bastard is next" He admits.

I quietly sigh as I drop the hand that gently caressed my scar. "Y'know. I almost wasn't fast enough" I hear him admit. I look up to find his towering figure leaned against the doorway in the reflection. "You almost died and my job to protect you would've been for nothing."

"But you did make it." I say as I turn to face him. "And I'm still alive." I say. His eyes trace my bruise covered skin and stoppes at the scar. Worry tainted his features.

"I was scared Leila" He eventually confesses after some time. He paused."Scared that Emelisse and Prim lost you. That I lost you. I don't know if I'd be able to live with myself knowing I could've protected you from that bastard." He says.

"Moving on. What am I doing here?" I ask. "Ive decided that our dear Crowley here will be in charge of your protection for the time being. He is the one I trust with my Trump card's well being" He says.

"But you did. You didn't lose me. And you won't. Dont you realize that I've been through too many wars, a pregnancy that almost killed me and a stab to the chest to die. I have you and the girls to fight for. I can't die Crowley" I whisper as I took a step closer to him. He took a step back to counter my chance to get closer. "But you're not invincible Leila. You need to be protected so you can survive. It was my job to do so and I failed. I failed you" He counters.

I stare at him with disbelief.

"You did everything but that Crowley. You know I've never truly lived until I met you! You didn't fail me and you never have. You made me feel alive. So what I need protection. So what I'm not invincible. So what I look different with a few more scars. You're there for me and you always have been." I say.

I took another step closer, earning another step back in response. "Y'know you're pissing me off with all that trying to create distance" I announce, hearing no response. "I'm not gonna let you leave again. So please, don't try to."

He looked down at his feet, remaining silent. I step closer again. He remained still as I took another one. I reach for his hand, pulling off his glove before I press his hand to my chest, right on the scar. I sigh.

"Can't you feel it? My heart is still beating. And it's because of you. You saved me. More times then I can count." I admits. He remained silent.

"I'm sorry Leila" He whispers as he stared down at his hand. I took a deep breath feeling tears fill my eyes. "Its okay Crowley" I whisper as I pull him down into a tight hug.

He gladly took me into his hold, holding me against him as I feel him relax his tense muscles. "I'm going to make the person who commanded that bastard to do this to you pay. His life is mine. I swear on it" He admits. I took a deep breath as I pull away, just far enough that I could see his face clearly.

I place my palm to his cheek before I lean in to press a firm, passionate kiss to his lips. He returned the favor.