Influence

A loud grunt echoed across the room as a hit landed.

Crowley and I sat and watch as Chess forcefully tries to get answers to our earlier questions. Horn was sent off to watch the girls.

The livestock groaned at Chess' hit, crumbling to the floor in pain. He wasn't talking and doesn't seem like he's going to any time soon with Chess as his interrogator. "Why don't I take a crack at him?" I suggest, standing off of the desk closest to Crowley. Crowley only hummed in agreement.

Having his permission, I walk over to where Chess was beating the livestock.

Crouching down, I reach for a fistful of his hair. He only groaned as I pull up, meeting my eyes with his own cocky violet ones.

I sigh dramatically. "I didn't wanna have to resort to this you know" I say as I feel a smirk cover my face as I say my next words. "But your cocky smartass leaves us no choice.".

"Try me" He groans making anger run through my veins.

"Okay tough guy" I start saying, gripping his hair tighter. "Where did you get all this power from?" I say through my Influence.

He groans again. "Our cursed gear....demons
...possess us...through our weapons" He attempts to explain. Demons huh?

I peer over my shoulder, looking where Crowley sat. His eyes furrow.

I turn back to the livestock. "How do you know of our locations? How much do you know?" I ask with stronger Influence than last time.

"I only know what I've been told. I know all about them" He says, eyeing towards the other two before looking back at me. "But I never knew a thing about you." .

"Who told you?"

He groaned, a slight look of pain covers his face as he attempts to resist my Influence. He recognized my abilities. A scowl darkens my face. "Who told you?!" I ask again.

"Ferid...Bathory" He says.

Dammit. That bastard.

A sudden crash erupts across the room and I quickly turn to find the kid from earlier lunge from where he landed, aiming his sword towards me.

I fall back, trying to reach for the sword sheathed on my hip.

Before I knew it, Crowley was standing in between us, shielding me from the kid. I release my breath in relief. "Hmmm. What kind of power is this?" He asks with amusement in his tone.

The livestock growls as a dark scowl grew on his face. "Bastards. Give Guren back" He declares before his blade slid off of Crowley's.

"Impressive, Are you really human?" He asks. A brawl breaks out between them.

Chess and I watch, waiting and seeing if we can find an opening to help Crowley. 

Crowley eventually swung his sword, right for the livestock's head. It was about to make impact when suddenly...

The commander stood right in front of his blade's path.

My breath hitched when I noticed the hairs length distance from his throat. He was over there before I could even think. "Whew. That was close huh?" Crowley says with a chuckle.

"What the hell are you doing? Get out of here!" The livestock yells at his subordinate.

"I can't!" He yells right back. The kid hunched over. "How is it possible that I still can't save you, even when I have so much power" He mumbles.

"Its because you're human" Crowley announced. "Its because you're weak and powerless compared to me. There's no way you'll be able to defeat us when all you're meant to live for is to be our livestock" He says.

"SHUT UP!" The kid yelled out, jumping over his commander and readying an attack for Crowley.

Before I could think my feet pushed off into a run, my hand grabbed the handle to my sword and I put myself between the kid and Crowley, just as he did for me earlier.

I threw my sword up in defense. Our swords met with a loud clang with the sound of scratching metal ringing in our ears. Instead of holding it there, the livestock began swinging it, mercilessly meeting my blade everytime.

"Yu! Stop it! Don't use anymore power or the demon would take over!" He yells.

"Where did you get all this power from?" I say through my Influence. He groans again. "Our cursed gear....demons...possess us...through our weapons" He attempts to explain.

So he wasn't lying. The human livestock really are possessed by demons...

Before the kid could throw another swing, I swiftly turn to build up enough force to kick him away. He flew across the room and busted through a desk.

A scowl creased my face as I ready myself for another attack.

"Yu! I said stop! Get the hell out of here!" The commander screams again.

"Shut up! I'm gonna save you!" He says before he lunged for Crowley again. The corpse caught his blade and hit him in the cheek with the back of his fist, sending him crumbling to the ground.

He only groaned as he staggered to his feet. "It's not over. Not yet. Asuramaru! Give me more power" The kid yells.

"You're not retreating?" I ask. "Wow. You humans are dumb" Crowley immediately adds.

I notice him step in front of me, subtly providing a shield just as he did earlier.

"You do realize that I won't think twice about killing you if you attack again right?" He admits.

The kid mumbled to himself. I admit that an anxious feeling began to bubble up in the pit of my stomach as I watch him. I feel Crowley's hand press against my wrist, pulling me behind him effortlessly.

That way he can fully protect me from the blabbering, strange kid.

I didn't focus on that. Instead I focused on his cold, gloved hand on my wrist. For some reason, it took the edge off my anxiety.

The kid's head suddenly snapped up and half of his face was covered with strange marks. His left eye was as red as ours instead of the emerald green it usually is. The most noticeable feature was the giant black horn that stuck out of his head.

A quiet gasp escaped my lips. "Holy shit" I breathe.

"There" The livestock growled. "Now I'm strong enough to take your head!"

"Go Kisek-io. Open the devil's coffin on the count of 9!" A voice suddenly says. In the air above us, I notice a dark, wooden coffin.

"There's no end to these guys, huh?" I mumble with slight annoyance in my tone. One of the kid's teammates jumped through the window the kid burst through earlier, immediately making a break for the kid.

"Hey! Hold on!" Crowley yells as the kid's teammate tackles him and throws him into the coffin, running next to it and making a quick escape.

"Oh man. This is turning into such a pain" Crowley admits as two demon like spirits burs through the hole the teammate made his escape in.

I sigh.