Long Ago

Thank you guys SO MUCH for 1K reads. It might not be alot for you guys but its alot for me since I've never had this many views in any of my old books. So to celebrate, ill write some of this in Crowley's pov. Thank you again and I hope you enjoy.
_________________________________________________

Crowley pov

The warm light of the late evening sun kissed my skin. It was quiet. Just the way I liked it.

A quiet, content sigh left my lips before I heard footsteps approach me. A faint smile began to grow before I could stop it. I suddenly feel her fingers begin to card through my hair. "I see that smile. You're awake" She says.

I quietly hum, confirming her words with a simple "caught me". She quietly laughed as she ran her hand through one more time before a gentle kiss was pressed to my forehead. "Catching up on your beauty rest?" She says. I hummed again, but never opened my eyes. "Dinner" She says as I feel her pull away.

Her footsteps creak across the porch and stop before they enter the house.

I open my eyes to see her standing there with a big smile and arms tightly folded across her chest. "You know, you won't sleep at night if you keep sleeping during the day." She says. I quietly groan as I slid out of my chair, walking over to her. She smiled up at me before she whispers "besides, youre already pretty. You dont need any beauty rest.". I scoff audibly before quickly leaning over to throw her over shoulder. She squealed before letting loose a genuinely beautiful laugh.

"Mmm. I dont plan on sleeping tonight anyway." I say before turning my head to bite at her thigh. She squealed again, smacking my back in retaliation. "Crowley! We have neighbors!". "What?! I'm hungry" I say as I turn to walk in the small house.

"What's for dinner?"

"The neighbors brought a potato soup while you were asleep." She admits. Walking into the dining room, I notice the table set with 2 plates, a medium container of soup and an arrangement of sides.

I set Leila down, watching her as she straightened her dress and hair. I quietly sigh as I look into her gorgeous, emerald green eyes. "What? Do you not want the soup?" She asks, after a moment of silence and us just staring at eachother.

I quietly chuckle before I slid my arm around her waist to pull her smaller body into mine. She stood on her tiptoes to seem taller closer to me.

"No. Its not that" I say. She reached up to run her hands through my short, pure red hair. "What's wrong then?" She asks.

I only exhale a puff of air. "Nothing. Nothing is wrong." I admit. The woman's smile only grew as she ran her fingers through my hair again.

"I'm perfectly happy."

Her smile became a wide grin before her hand stopped at the base of my neck. The woman pulled the back of my head to her height, making it easier for her lips to mash into mine. I pull her tighter in the hold, pulling her closer to me.

We soon back away, breathless. "Perfect, because I'm perfectly happy too" she admits. "Good" I mumble, feeling her warm breath against my lips. I pull her into another strong and passionate kiss as she laughed.

My thoughts echo as I was brought back to the real world.

"You dont know how much I wished I met you when I was human. We could've had a normal life together, there in that small house in the village. No Knights Of Templar, No threats of Vampires. Just you and me like it is now"

Leila was sitting at the edge of desk, opposite me. Her back was to me, giving me a clear view of her bare skin from her backless dress. Few random, pink scars scatter across the skin I saw. All from her years on the street. To be able to have her then...maybe my life wouldn't have turned out so terrible.

Ferid was still going on with some useless information while the rest of us just sat and tuned it out. At one point, I almost didn't hear Leila speak up.

"Is there going to be any point in the future that I finally do something around here? You say I'm your greatest weapon in the war. The fights between the humans and us have been going on for years now and yet I've still been sitting here on my ass." She says.

Its honestly been something that's been on both our minds lately. I guess now is when she finally decided to speak up.

"Soon my dear. Its never good strategy to reveal our secret weapon right off the bat now is it?" He says. I can feel her anger and the furrow in her brow grow without even having to look at her. "You will get your chance when the vampires attack Shinjuku in a few weeks" He explains.

"Shinjuku? What's in Shinjuku?" She asks.

"Its one of the Demon Army's biggest headquarters. They test on vampires and alot of other torturous things there" I explain. "And since its one of their biggest, its a good idea we bring along a few of our strongest right?" Ferid adds on quickly.

She took a deep breath before sighing. "Okay" She says. Her stunningly beautiful crimson eyes look at me for a second before looking at the ground. Jeez.

Why did such a being like her have to come into my life?