End & Beginning

The crisp air felt great against my skin. It was getting more cold by the day. And frankly, I was getting more bored as well.

Ever since Ferid brought me here almost a week ago, I've had trouble finding things to do to satisfy my growing boredom.

To kill time for the past 96 hours, Ive read a few books on the History of Vampires and a few others on history of the world. I got sick of it after the Crusade Era so I gave up and began to draw nonsense drawings on a book I found no use for. When all of the pages were filled with doodle faces and flowers, I led myself outside to enjoy the night lights of Nagoya.

I took a deep breath and lean back against the wall, slowly exhaling a puff of white condensation that faded into the air. I start to close my eyes, feeling the cool touch against my skin-

A sudden explosion made me jump, turning my attention towards its source farther down the street. A semi that was transporting gasoline, now devoured in flames was crashed into a building.

Humans that litter the street suddenly began to fall limp to the ground. Every one of them. More explosions begin to sound in the distance and my heart dropped as I watch adults fall to their death as their young children stand by and watch.

I quickly turn to run inside the building, running straight for Crowley's office. "What the hell is happening?" I ask the moment I open the door.

"It seems the world is ending" He says. He turned to face me from his position at the window that was looking out into the city of Nagoya. The bright light of fire colored his features as his eyes met mine.

My heart was racing with adrenaline. A worried look covered my face as I approached where he stood.

I stood by Crowley's side as I watch the end of the world begin to unfold before us.

***

Taking a sip of the blood in the drink, I lean back into the sofa that remained stationary in my new bedroom. The tense, aching thirst that had once began to be overwhelming began to ease the more I drank. I was quickly finished with the glass before I knew it. And frankly, I was still thirsty.

The world ended just a few days ago.

For some silly reason, I have a gut feeling that Ferid Bathory knew it was coming. Crowley agreed with me the minute I said it which means Im not alone in my suspicion.

Suddenly the door to my room opened and footsteps approached where I sat. I quickly turn to look to see who it might be, only to find Crowley. In his hand, he held another glass of blood with his other hand being occupied by a sword. "Good morning" I say. A smile turned the corner of his mouth as he returned my greeting with a "good morning" as well.

With no word, he set it down next to the empty glass before sitting in a chair next to the sofa. He gently placed the sword across his lap.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks. I took a deep breath as I look at the full glass of blood to avoid his piercing crimson eyes. "Well. Better than my first nights here" I admit as I reach for the blood. He nodded.

An awkward silence filled the room as I took a considerable drink.

Before I had a chance to break it, Crowley started with "Ferid has requested that I help you to learn to deal with a sword" He says. I raise an eyebrow. "A sword?" I ask.

"A sword." He answers immediately, earning a sigh from me.

"Ive never touched a sword in my 260 years of life. I'm more into knives with my recent line of work." I complain as I slump into the couch.

"Fortunately, that'll change today." He says. He picked up the sword from his lap and extended his arms out to offer the sword to me. "I used to teach younger boys swordsmanship when I was still human so I have a bit of an idea what to do" He explains as I take it.

"When you were human? How long ago was that?" I ask. "8 centuries" He admits, making me raise my eyebrows in genuine shock.

"Damn you're old" I say, making him scowl as a reply to my mocking words. I chuckle. "I'm just joking. But 800 years?! That's like...in the Crusades" I say.

"Yeah it is." He says.

"Did you participate in one? Like...go and kill all the guys who aren't Christian then steal all their shit?" I ask. His scowl softened into a more neutral look. "Yeah I did. That's basically what happened too" He says.

I genuinely laugh.

"When would you like to begin practicing?" He asks when our fits of laughter calmed down.

"Wherever is fine by me honestly. Of course, after I finish my meal" I say, nodding my head towards the full glass he brought me.

"Of course. Well I'll leave you to it then" He says as he began to walk towards the door. He left my room as my eyes travel delicately over the glass to the blade in my hands.

And so. The true beginning of my story was finally starting to get interesting.