Season 2: This Life (10K!)

That night

I sat silent, as still as I could be, against the headboard. I watch in the faint light of her bedside lamp with admiration upon my sleeping wife and daughters.

Laughter from Emelisse and Primrose echoes across the field of flowers just outside the door. There in that small house in the middle of the sticks, Leila and I stood and watched with immense love and content at the two.

In the corner of my vision, I notice a group of four men approach the house. My eyes peer over to find that it was my elder brother, Victor, Gilbert and Jose. Smiles covered their faces as they gain closer.

"I'm proud of you Crowley" A familiar, deceiving voice admits. I turn behind me to find Ferid. "You turned your hell into a place of love and comfort." He says as he approached my side to stand next to me. His eyes meet mine, full of unpredictable deciet and playfulness.

"All because you fell in love with a hybrid"

I quietly sigh as I hear the door to the bedroom creak open. Horn stood there, wordlessly asking me for an audience. Quietly, I slip off the bed and walk over to her. "What is it?" I ask as soon as I close the door.

"Lord Ferid has arrived and requests you and Leila" She reports.

"I guess he'll just have me for company" I say as I start walking to my office where the cunning, playful vampire remained. 

"What do you want Ferid?" I ask.

"Ah Crowley! I come to ask a favor of you and my lovely wild card." He explains as he turns towards me. "But it appears my Card is still resting. So I'll ask of you." He says, peering behind me to find that Leila wasn't behind me.

"Ask what of me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I wish for you two to assist me in the coming days. The council has begun to make their appearance and I still have to get the rest of my game pieces." He says. I sigh heavily.

"I assume that's all the information I will be given?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Correct" He says.

"Then I guess we have no other choice but to help" I admit.

"Excellent! I shall retrieve you in 2 days time." He says.

I huff a breath as I lean against my desk, crossing my arms. As Ferid is just about to leave, I announce "Ferid".

He stopped and turned to me with a quizzical smile. "Yes~?" He chuckled.

"Thank you"

His eyebrows raise and a smug smile overturned his face. "Oh but what for?" He asks.

"For giving me this life." I admit.

I'm going to kill even more of your comrades after this.Furthermore, I will go back to the town and kill everyone you---" Ferid stopped abruptly. He looked entranced. "The spark returned to your eyes. You are feeling a thirst for life, I can tell. You still want to live. To live and take revenge, is
what written all over your face. Fufufu, a face that says that you are thinking only of me."

"I shall give it to you. The strength that you desire from the bottom of your heart, I shall grant it to you---"With this, Ferid took something like a transparent vial out of his breast pocket. Some sort of liquid sloshed inside of it. Shaking the vial a couple of times, he forcibly poured the liquid into my mouth. I felt the liquid travel down my throat. Invade my esophagus, stomach, intestines, my very cells. My heart pounded heavily. Its rate accelerated, faster and faster, beating so rapidly that it hurt.

"Wh-What did you do to me?" I demanded, focusing my eyes on Ferid. Ferid laughed."What did you do to me?!"

My heart kept pulsating heavily and wildly. The strength and speed of its pounding was insane, so fast and strong that it could leap out of my chest any moment.

And then, with one final powerful thud, it stopped. I felt it.

All the bloodflow in my body stopped. The spark of life was going out. I was dead. And yet, I was strangely aware of the fact that I had died. Dread seized my dead heart. The violent mortal dread of living despite having died. My voice let out a piercing scream at the sudden searing pain that invaded my skin. The pain of becoming a monster. Even though his heart wasn't beating, he felt pain so intense like he had never felt before.

"Its because of you that I'm here and with Leila and Emelisse and Primrose. You brought Leila to me to protect and I wouldn't have met her otherwise. I feel happier then I ever was, even more then when I was human" I admit. I sigh. "And for that thank you"

The corpse's smug smile disappeared and all playful attitude in his aura disappeared. He smiled genuinely. "I have no need for your thanks. You're welcome" He says before he slid out of the room graciously. I sigh quietly, sinking into a sitting position atop the desk.

AHHH 10K READS. OH MY GOD. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET TO THIS POINT IN THIS BOOK AND YET IT DID. I HOPE YOUVE ENJOYED AND THANKS AGAIN FOR READING❤❤❤