SEASON 2: To Crowley & Leila

"A set of eyes had pinned him. Became his version of a kingdom. She's everything the devil can't be. When she's singing to me "Glory"" my voice quietly echoes down the dark rainy alley. It was cold and wet. Daddy still hasn't come for me and fear was starting to set in. Tears start to fall from my eyes as thoughts begin to overwhelm me.

What happened to him? Is he okay? What if-?

"Oh dear. What in the world are you doing out in this weather? You could get sick!" A voice announced, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up to find a woman, pink hair and crimson eyes, tanned skin dressed in a beautiful white kimono. From what I could hear, her heart carried no pulse. She was like my father.

She's a vampire.

She crouched down before me and placed the wagasa she was under partially over me to shield me from the rain. "Your name is Leila, correct?" She asks. I nod. "Where are your parents, sweet girl?".

"I don't know where my daddy is. My mommy went to heaven a long time ago." I sniff. She warmly smiled as she gently wiped away my tears from my damp cheeks with her thumb.

"My name is Hikari. Why don't you come with me while we wait for your father to return, hm? Are you hungry?" She asks. I nod.

I follow Crowley down the hallway, letting him lead me to the place he instructed everyone to go once they've finished refreshing themselves. What appears to be a cellar. As we approached the entrance that leads down, I notice a white, sealed envelope on top of the door. "What's that?" I ask.

"Probably another letter from Ferid" Crowley admits as he crouched over to retrieve the envelope.

"Another letter?" I ask. I wasn't aware he even left letters...

Crowley hummed as he stood again, focusing on the enscription on the front. For Crowley & Leila. "Found them while you were resting. Bastard's left riddles to show us what we need to do" He huffs as he tears open the seal. I cross my arms and watch as he skims over the letter.

Once he finished, he scoffed as he looked over to me. He fished out 2 more folded papers, shuffling the one he just read to the bottom before he handed them to me. "He's ridiculous, that damned corpse" He says.

"Thats nothing new." I retort.

The first one read: Congratulations on making it this far Crowley! Leila! Your next orders will be presented in the form of a riddle. What weeps and shrinks when you give it a red hat?

"What was it? The answer?" I ask. "A candle" He says, annoyance clear as day in his tone. It only made me laugh. I flip the page to the back before I continue reading.

The remains of Yu and the others' family members are kept in the cellar. Yu might go berserk if he sees them. Restrain him without killing him...while making sure to protect your friends.
Yours truly,
Ferid Bathory

"What does he mean by that?" I ask. How far does others' go to? Just the humans and Mika? Or does it include Crowley and me? "I don't know" He whispers. "We'll just have to see when we go down there".

The last letter read: Dear Crowley & Leila, a warning. There are traps set that will go off if you two do not go down in the company of humans. Also, be certain you two stop Yu from going berserk when he sees the bodies. The systems preserving the bodies are fragile and can easily be destroyed.

"Thats comforting" I mumble with sarcasm coating my words. I fold the notes and return them to Crowley. "Certainly never a dull moment with Ferid" He adds, taking them and folding them before stuffing in his pockets.

I cross my arms with a quiet sigh. What if there is actually more than just the human's family down there? What if there are people Crowley or I know down there as well?

"You don't have to come down there with me, y'know?" He says.

I nod. "I know...but I wanna see".

He nods in return. "Just let me know anytime you'd wanna come back up, alright?" I hum quietly, giving him a weak smile as I cross my arms tightly over my chest again. Nerves and eagerness start to bubble in my stomach.

Just then, I notice the human's voice begin to approach us. I turn and watch as they all walked over to us.

Crowley filled them in but I was stuck in my thoughts. I never noticed them descend into the cellar or Crowley try to get my attention the first couple times he calls my name. "...Leila" He says. My eyes snap up to meet his and a soft look of concern covers his smile. "Are you okay?". I nod again.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry" I breathe out. By the look he gives, he doesn't buy one second of it. But he doesn't push, instead he extended his hand out for me to take. My hand slid into his gentle hold and he escorted me down the steps till we got to the floor.

The first thing I notice were preservation systems Ferid was talking about. An entire row lined the wall with a single being occupying each of them. Many were humans, people the group we came with knew and loved.

Crowley was quiet behind me, suddenly catching sight of one of the systems and watching it as if the being inside was going to move. I turn to look at what has his attention and notice an older man that looked to be in his late forties. His body was built from years of hard work and life. His face was roughed up with age but he ultimately looked kind and sweet. With the clothes he wore, he looked to be born a long time ago.

He looked like Crowley.

I slip my hand into his, gaining his attention. He looked down at me before I asked, "Someone you know?" He sighs quietly, smiling as he squeezed my hand.

"You could say that."

"Who is he?" I ask.

"His name was Jose. He was a squire when I was human. He became a knight after I turned and i met him again 20 years later." He admits looking back to the machine.  "He was supposed to die during the last Crusade but I guess Ferid planned otherwise."

I hum quietly. "What was he like?"

"Idealistic, naive and loyal to a fault. He got on my nerve most times but he never gave up wanting to be a knight. He was honorable, more honorable than I ever could've been."

I step forward to place my hand to the glass. "Would you want to bring him back if you could?" I ask. I look over my shoulder to him.

"Its never crossed my mind. He was supposed to die an honorable death on the battle field. I wouldn't want to force him to live in a world like this." He admits. I understand what he means. I slowly pull away and continue further down the line, not recognizing any of the inhabitants to the systems.

I stop in front of a table, covered every inch by books and old papers. I start to shuffle through when a sealed letter catches my eye. The hand writing was old and it's words barely legible from its age and wear.

It's still sealed, never been open.

I try to read it and I realized who it was addressed to.