Cold

The world was cold and dead silent as i look over the snow that coated the destroyed city of Nagoya. I sigh, leaning my head gently against the pane of glass I sat next to. It's been a quiet morning and Crowley has yet to make his appearance this morning.

"Ah there she is. My beautiful, precious trump card" A voice with hints of enthusiasm break out across the room as the door to my bedroom slams open. I turn to look at who intruded my peace to not suprisingly find "Ferid Bathory. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Oh I've only come to make sure you're still alive and well. How have you been faring these last few weeks staying with Crowley?" He asks.

"What does it matter to you? I didnt realize we were supposed to be characters in a romance novel." I remark.

"What a shame. I was expecting you two to have started being friends with one another by now. How disappointing" He says. I furrow my eyebrows as I cross my arms.

"Why should we be anything more than what we are? Are we just your source of entertainment in your boring life?" I ask.

"And if I said yes, how would you react?" He asks. I scoff. "Does Crowley know you're here pestering the living daylights out of me?" I ask, turning back to look out the window. I could honestly use his interference right now.

"Yes he does. I told him to join us when he's finished with his meal." He says. I groan, hoping he'd take it as a sign that I wished to be alone.

I hear his footsteps approach the window sill I sat in. He didn't get the sign. Of course he didn't. "I see the snow is sticking" He says, looking out the window. I eye him out of the corner of my eye, watching him closely as he leaned against the wall next to the window frame opposite me. "It somehow makes the ruined pieces of the Earth pleasing to the eye" He says. I hum in agreement.

"I never thought the End of the world could be beautiful. It's fascinating really" I admit.

"Then again, Im sure you never thought to live to see the end of the world" I hear Crowley's voice enter the room with footsteps to follow. I quickly turn to see who it is. "Ah there he is. Crowley" Ferid says. I notice his eyes meet mine and I give him a small smile.

I watch as the corner of his lip tinge into a similar small smile before he turns to look at our guest. "Alright. Talk Ferid. What are you doing here?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Can't I just come to say hi and check on the wellbeing of my beloved friends?" He ask.

"You burst into my territory with no invitation just to say hello? As if I'd believe that. What are you doing here Ferid?" Crowley asks again, obviously not satisfied with the answer he got.

"Oh fine. If you really would like to know. I've come to tell you that there is a military organization run by the humans named The Japanese Imperial Demon Army beginning to rise up and kill our vampire brethren in cold blood. The higher ranked progenitors believe that we should fight back" Ferid admits.

I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms.

"A war is going to break out soon. You and your skills of strength and Influence would be greatly appreciated on my side of said war, my dear" He states.

The war he promised me that was to happen is finally beginning to set into motion. My question is, how did he know such a thing was to even happen when they're just now claiming to fight back?

"And are we? Are we going to fight back against the humans?" I ask, my Influence seeking the truth from the corpse. In my gut, I desperately hope he says no. But my mind hopes he says yes.

He turned to look at me with a smile on his face. "Why shouldn't we? We all know our race is superior to that livestock race" He says.

I quietly sigh, feeling deep down that he was right. But I cant help but feel conflicted. I'm a vampire and a human. My existence is a symbol that humans and vampires have the ability to peacefully coexist.

"You two are loyal to myself yes? Will you stand by me through this war with no question?" Ferid asks. I didn't answer right away. I didn't know yet if I can blindly trust this guy and follow his lead in the war that is to come.

"Yeah. Sure" I hear Crowley say. I groan in hesitation as I look over to Crowley. He gave me a curt nod, silently promising that it'll be okay. I took a deep breath before I give in.

"Yes."

He's a man with a cold heart and a deceitful personality. Lord, help me to survive.