Early Winter Chill

I plop down atop the edge of a piece of busted, elevated road and cross my legs, watching Crowley inspect the bodies of fallen livestock to make sure they really are corpses.

The subtle scent of blood blew in the gentle early winter chill that brushed against my skin. Smelling it, a pang of hunger filled my stomach.

Using my Influence and fighting as much as I did today must've taken alot of energy out of me.

Eventually, I hear Crowley sigh as he stood from a body. "Seems like we missed an entertaining battle" He says, turning to look up at me with a smile.

My smile mirrored his before I sigh myself. I hop down to stand next to him, allowing him to pull me into his hold.

"How are you feeling?" He asks quietly as I lean my head against him.

"Pooped" I mumble, earning a chuckle from him.

"I guess that means I got baby duty tonight" He mumble. I hum in confirmation, making the corpse chuckle again.

He's acting like he doesn't stay up to do it anyways.

I quietly sigh, relaxing in his hold. His hand perfectly engulfed my cheek, pulling my head to meet his lips halfway. Our lips meet in a gentle kiss, chaste and relaxing.

The ache of weariness drifted away the longer he held me there.

I hum quietly as I pull away, holding onto his cool touch for a moment longer before I latch onto his hand tightly. I drag him over closer to where Queen Krul Tepes filled in her men on the situation. Closer to where the livestock we caught was being interrogated by force.

Again...

We watch and listen from the distance, gaining disinterest quickly. A quiet sigh escaped my lips. "What's up with all the sighing?" I hear Crowley comment.

I shrug. "Tired. Bored." I start saying before I turn to face him. "I feel like I have better things to do rather stand around in the cold" I admit.

A smile tinged his lips. "Yeah? What better things are there?"

"Well. I have two little girls that need my maternal presence. I have a glass of blood and warm bed calling my name." I start to list off as I lean into his body, pressing myself seductively into him. "And I got a lover that I might want tonight" I tease.

His eyebrow raised as a smirk took over his smile. His cold, gloved hands plant themselves on my waist. "Ah. I see" He said before he quickly leaned down to place playful yet passionate kiss to my lips. A laugh escaped my lips as I return his contact.

"Oh my. Its as if you're still human, Crowley dear. What a sight." A snarky voice says.

I snap away from Crowley, finding the cocky bastard standing atop a smashed, totaled car. "Ferid" Crowley mumbled.

I could practically hear the ice cold scowl in his voice.

"Crowley. Leila. I see that your tot has arrived. You wouldn't be here otherwise" He says directed to me, peeking down at my stomach where he last saw Emelisse.

He turned to face me with a cocky smile on his fanged mouth. My scowl grew colder. "You my dear will be on of our top forms of offense" He explains. He turned to face me, slowly walking to me by the door.

"That is, if yours and Crowley's precious bundle of joy has made an appearance by then" He explains, reaching out to place his cold palm atop my belly.

"Tell me. Does she have your red hair Crowley?" He asks, turning back to his old comrade. 

"Five nobles were killed today Ferid. The humans knew of all of their locations." Crowley says, completely ignoring Ferid's question. "Ours included" I scowl, adding on to Crowley's accusation. I pull away from Crowley as Ferid approached us.

"Oh come now. You had fun right?" He says.

"No. I didn't Ferid because my daughters could've been killed" I announce.

I cross my arms tightly over my chest. "You put their lives on the line and quite frankly I can't over look that. If you weren't on my shit list before, you most definitely are now" I growl.

He only chuckled. "My dear Leila. I had no choice but to. It was the only way to keep myself from being suspected of being the traitor" He explains.

"Bastard" I mumble.

"I admit, yes I have told him things. But I only added your location because I knew you two could handle yourselves. I suspect you got some answers from that livestock. He told you things" He says as he slowly walked past me, stopped then turned to face me.

"Did you ever notice that I didn't tell him about you Leila dear?" He asks.

''I only know what I've been told. I know all about them" He says, eyeing towards the other two before looking back at me. "But I never knew a thing about you." .

"Think of it as an interesting twist of the plot for him or as an advantage of being underestimated. Either way, me not telling him about you Leila, had made it easier for you to take the upper hand over him" He admits.

Asshole. He's smart. In a stupid, deceiving way.

I don't justify with an answer. I only turn to face Crowley.

"What's going to happen now Ferid? What's the endgame for us?" He asks as his hand gently pulled me into his body.

"Transformation of the world, Crowley. Magnificent or Horrific, who knows" He says smugly before he turned to walk off. "Make sure to keep you and your beloved with me at all times." He says with a chuckle.

"You lovebirds would die otherwise"

Another winter chill kissed my skin, sending a shiver down my spine as I watched him walk away.