Season 2: To Leila

To Leila
From: Hikari

I felt my breath hitch. A letter from Hikari? How did Ferid get his hands on this?

"Leila." I hear Crowley say. I look up to where he is, finding him further down the wall of reservation systems. He stood at the one second to the end and a look of worry covered his face. "Come look."

I quickly walk over to him and look at what he was looking at. A woman, short in height and strong in stature, tan skin and faded pink hair. A dragon tattoo decorated the skin of her calf. A silver cross necklace was fastened around her neck.

"Hikari." I mumble.

"Mom-Mommy went back inside to...to help Mr. Kogane. She hasn't come back. No one came back" She spews. My breath was stuck in my chest as I process Baeu's words. I pull away and press my hands to her cheeks, helping her crimson red and light brown eyes to focus on me rather than the burning home.

I reach forward to press my hand to the glass. I look over the woman who took me in and raised me for nearly two centuries. I realize in the time I though she was dead, I forgot what her face looked like. She appears no different but deep down, she feels different.

Not like the Hikari I once knew. She didn't feel like the vampire I once loved.

"What the hell is this?" I ask, feeling anger begin to bubble up through my chest and run through my veins like adrenaline. I took in a deep breath and let it out with a huff as I tear open the perfectly preserved letter from my friend.

Dear Leila,
It's been a few weeks since you've visited me to return the necklace. It hurt to see you go again, But this whole time, I understand why you left. I don't blame you for the choice you made. Maybe if I had been more open about my past, you'd make it differently. You deserved to know.

I was of the progenitor's council as your father was, working under him as his aide for nearly 5 centuries. He and I left together and never looked back.

Taichi met Anna, your mother, when he went overseas to assist in the war beginning in what was beginning to be the US. He was blessed with you and decided to stay there to raise you away from the hold of the progenitor's.

A hundred years after your birth, he was killed by locals claiming he was a monster...the devil himself.

I was nearly ready to burn down the whole town when I met my Joel. I only knew him for a short while but I knew he was the one. The way your father felt for Anna.

The way you did with Crowley Eusford.

Joel died for me, protecting me from the humans who went after your father. I found you not long after and I took you back to my homeland and raised you there to protect you from those humans.

Though what I should have been protecting you from was the real monsters. The progenitor's.
There's more to the council. There's more to the history of its creation than you are told Leila.

Do not trust anyone. Be strong.

I couldn't be capable of human emotion but believe me when I say that I truely love you, Leila.

-Hikari 

Tears begin to sting my eyes as I skim over the letter. My eyes look up to the contraption that contained my old friend. She was unconscious,  and probably has been for a while.

But she was still here. Not alive...but here. She was part of the council and she worked so desperately to hide me so I wouldn't be a part of the world that she and my father escaped from. All that time...everything that happened...makes sense now.

I feel Crowley's hand gently hold my arm, bringing me out of my spiraling thoughts. His touch was grounding and comforting. "Leila." He whispers. I turn to face him. "From Taichi." He says.

I look down to see him holding out another envelope. This one was creased and looked to be on the verge of falling apart but it was still sealed. Never opened. There on the front was a few set of words in perfect script.

Leila Annalee Kuran

I easily ripped it open with a haste.

To Leila,
I hope to be able to get this letter to you somehow. If under any circumstance you do recieve it, know it is because I'm dead. My dear friend Hikari should be able to find you and give it to you once I'm gone. She was of the progenitor's council as I was, working under me as my aide. She and I left together and I tasked her to raise you and keep you from the council and their deceitful schemes if I were to ever pass.

I want you to know Leila, in all my centuries of
life on this earth, not once did I believe a being like me could ever deserve a blessing like you. The first time i met you, I felt my dead heart beat with love and admiration again for the first time in a long time.

Your mother, Anna Kuran was such a beautiful soul. She loved you more than life itself and she never met you. When Anna took in her last breath, she had such a beautiful smile as she cradled you in her arms. I've never loved anyone as much as I have her and I pray to the God that so hates me that you are like her and nothing like me. She's been through so much and still, she is kind, caring and accepting, even to a monster like me. I know deep down that you'll grow up to become something just as that. She wants you to be strong and be true to yourself. I want you to have the world, just as you deserve. I hope you find someone that is what she is to me. I hope you have a child and enjoy what we couldn't.

You're my world. I love you Leila.

  Yours, Taichi

I look up to Crowley. He quietly sighs, reaching up to press his cold hand to my cheek and wipe away the fallen tears with his thumb. A look of worry bleeds across his fave as he stepped closer.

"Are you okay?" He whispers.

"It makes sense. All of it. Its relieving to know the truth." I mumble. He only remained silent, face hardening with worry. "But it still hurts."

Crowley nods in understanding. "Come here." He says. He gently leans over to press a kiss to my forehead before pulling me into a hug.