Protect

I notice his signature, beguiling smirk cover his lips as he pushed me behind him to cover me from the strange boy's attack and keep the commander away from them.

The battle flew by just as quick as it came. It was starting to sprinkle rain drops outside.

Its seems that the sky grew darker the longer the fight drew on with the livestock. Through the gaping hole in the wall, I watch as the sprinkles turn into a normal rain, thinking of the fight's turnout and if we could've changed anything.

They weren't weak but they weren't exactly strong either. They're stronger compared to when we fought them last.

The only problem I have is not knowing how they've gained such power to fend against us. I sigh as I cross my arms.

I didn't do anything, yet I feel a wave of exhaustion fill my veins and over come my body.

"Your friends have left you behind" I hear Crowley comment.

I turn as the livestock says "They don't seem to like me very much".

"Seems to be quite the opposite if you ask me" I admit.

The livestock only laughed before groaning. "Either way you're mine now." Crowley says before turning towards his aides. "Get him bound nice and tight while we wait for Ferid".

They announce their confirmation as I walk on down the hall with him in tow, towards the room I left the girls in.

I open the door to find them curled up together in the corner, asleep. Prim's headphones were on Emelisse's head playing music. She must've used them to keep Emelisse from hearing the commotion.

Screams erupt throughout the shelter. Hikari and I were hectically trying to make it back our room with Prim in my arms.

Two vampires were on a killing spree of the other shelter attendants.

They don't seem to be stopping any time soon so the shelter is quickly becoming hell in a handbasket.

We made it back to our room and I quickly place Prim in the corner between the wall and the bunk.

Hikari quickly grabbed my earbuds and rushed over, pushing them into her ears and turning it on to some song I had.

She remained there while she and I return to the chaos that unfolded in the shelter.

I sigh, quietly walking forward to them.

The closer I got, I notice dried tears on the little hybrid's puffy red cheeks. A look of worry covered the unconscious girl.

"I knew I could trust her" I admit. My Influence was hidden behind my words, using it indirectly to keep them both asleep.

Crowley quickly leaned over to pick up Emelisse as I pick up Prim with ease. They neither awoke, or even stirred as we carry them to my bedroom.

I gently lay Prim down on my mattress, pulling the covers over her small body.

"It was never my intention to let them be so close to this. If I'd've known they would've attacked here I would have made you send them to a safer place." I say. "The humans weren't supposed to know of our location, Crowley. Which means one of us is giving all of our intel away."

Crowley only remained quiet. I feel my face drop as I see him look down at the sleeping baby in his arms. A look of worry contorted his features.

It was genuine.

"They're getting stronger some how Crowley and they're finding out about our weaknesses. We need to stop them before they find out about her" I mention as I slowly walk towards him.

He hummed quietly in agreement.

"I'll figure it out" He says.

I place my hand on the baby's head, running my fingers gently over her short red waves. "I know you will. For her" I whisper.

"For you both" He adds instantly. I look up at his crimson eyes, meeting them and finding genuine concern and love in them.

I quickly stood on my tiptoes to brush a kiss to his lips. "I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too" He whispers in return.

I pull away just far enough to look down at Emelisse in his arms. She lay there, peaceful and calm.

"I already have a few ideas as to who it is" He whispers. I look up into his eyes again, reading them, trying to figure out what he's thinking.

"Ferid" I whisper.

He remained silent. Never objecting my words. Meaning my thought was correct.

"I'm gonna keep you both safe. From the livestock and Ferid" He says. I nod. "Right back at you" I whisper with a smile.