chapter #1

The air was cool in you room. you lay wrapped in your thick comforters, knees against your chest. your eyes were open despite the darkness in the room. It was half past two and you was wide awake; unable to let sleep steal away your wakefulness. Shifting your body to a sitting position you pressed your cold fingertips against your olive skinned face. Even though your room was surrounded by windows from the floor to the roof, the moon didn't send glowing beams into your room as usual. Instead, clouds floated over the pale crescent creating a soft, pulsing glow in the night sky.

Slipping from the warmth of your bed, your naked feet carried you to the door that divided your bedroom from the rest of the Stark tower where the Avengers slept peacefully. It was silent, like you had expected when you slipped down the long hallway and down the winding stairs which led to the empty kitchen. Shivering in the cool air you rubbed your arms to find goosebumps covering your skin. The only thing warming you was a long sleep shirt, which didn't even go past your knees. Pushing your messy honey brown locks from where they were hanging loosely around your face you turned to the cupboard. Pulling a cold, ceramic mug from its place on the shelf you placed it on the counter.

Silently moving about the kitchen space you put a tea kettle of water on the stove to boil. Folding your arms against your chest you leaned against the counter waiting. Before the kettle could scream alerting you it was boiling, you pulled it off the burner and poured the steaming water into your mug. The tea bag hanging against the side turned the liquid a dark brown as it slowly steeped. Wrapping your icy fingers around the warm cup, you took a sip and instantly burned your tongue.

"Ack!" you exclaimed automatically before clapping your hand over your mouth knowing you had been a bit too loud. The seemingly empty room seemed to bounce the exclamation back and forth as if testing if it would wake the others. Once sure you didn't hear footsteps, you whimpered as you rolled her tongue around your mouth feeling the level or burntness. Turning to place the spoon you had used to stir in honey in the sink you were taken back by the shadowy figure standing by the open windows. It was dark so you could only identify the long dark hair hanging loosely around his head. There was only one person who stood so princely. Loki.

**okay here is chapter one. I hope you all like this first little part. Don't worry, there is much mor to come. I spent several hours writing today haha.**