chapter #22

You came downstairs to a hungover group of avengers. It was close to noon, and everyone had just gotten up. Dark bags were under everyone's eyes, and the smell of liquor on their breath. Everyone ordered breakfast delivery from a local breakfast shop, and dismissed themselves to their rooms. You made your way to the window and looked out upon the city.

It was raining. As usual. You decided to take a walk. Maybe the rain would wash away any feelings left inside you. Slipping out of the building, you made your way through the rain to the garden. Your favorite place to be. Puddles were gathering on the stone pathway. The flowers dipped under the weight of the shower. You smiled softly. Though rain could be a nuisance, it made everything look alive again. As you trailed your fingers through the foliage, a clap of lightning made you jump. It zig-zagged down to the front of the tower, and stopped. This only meant one thing. Thor.

You turned and ran. You raced all the way to the doors and stopped. There he was. Loki. handsome as ever. He wore a dark shirt that was now clinging to his skin soaked from the rain, and loose black pants. You stopped fifteen feet from him. Loki turned and saw you standing not far from him. Your clothing was soaked, and your hair hung limply around your shoulders, water dripping from your honey locks. An emotion in your eyes he couldn't quite make out. Sadness? Annoyance? Anger?

"Loki you son of a bitch-" you began, storming towards him. Yup. definitely anger. Before you could finish your sentence, you were cut off by him closing the gap between you and kissing you. He had kissed you before, but only when comforting you. And you didn't even know if that was real. This was real though. He pressed his lips against your, kissing you with such fierceness. His hands slid down your arms to your waist, pulling your body against him. For a moment you just stood there, hands frozen, before tangling them in his wet, raven colored hair. Tugging gently you deepened the kiss. The icy rain dripped down your face and back as you stood, locked against Loki's lips. You pulled away, and paused. Your face inches from his. His arms tightened against you as you crumpled slightly. The tears which had been begging to come, running freely down your face and mixing with the rain.

"Why did you leave," you sobbed. Punching him a little harder than you intended too.

"I never wanted to. That's why I came back," he whispered.

"I've missed you so much," you mumbled against his chest. He tipped your head back once more, and kissed you.

"Let's go inside before you catch a cold," he chuckled. You nodded and followed him.

Natasha grinned knowingly as she greeted us. Thor stood in the kitchen sipping some sort of drink. You smiled and rushed towards him, throwing your soaked body against him in a bear hug.

"Thanks," you whispered in his ear. He smiled and nodded. None of the avengers seemed surprised by the sudden return of the two gods. They all shuffled around the kitchen laughing and talking. You slipped from the group unnoticed and made your way to your room to change, Loki followed close behind you.

You closed the door and grabbed something from your dresser. Walking into the bathroom, you closed the door part way and slipped your soaked shirt from your body. Tugging off your jeans you grabbed a towel to dry yourself. Once changed, you made your way back out into your room. Loki was sitting on your bed. You casually made your way over, and stood between his legs.

"Hi," you whispered.

"Hello, love," he returned, his eyes locked with yours. Pulling you against him he kissed you. His lips were warm and soft. The faintest hint of mint was on his lips as you kissed him. You wrapped your arms around his head and deepened the kiss. He gently tugged on your bottom lip, his teeth biting it softly. A soft moan escaped your lips and your cheeks turned pink. He smiled and gently coaxed your mouth to open underneath him. His tongue was warm as it slipped into your mouth.

"Ew gross! Stop exchanging saliva and get down here," Tony gawked, causing you to jump.

"TONY!" you shouted exasperatingly, throwing whatever was nearest to you. It was a book.

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving," he whined, walking through the door and "forgetting" to close it. You huffed and pulled away from Loki.

You both made your way to the living room. The group had gathered and were talking amongst themselves. Nat threw a knowing look over her shoulder as she smirked. You rolled your eyes and scoffed under your breath. They could be so annoying sometimes.

Thor announced they would be staying for a while. He mumbled something about why the AllFather sent them back, but you didn't think anyone actually heard what he had said. Maybe he wanted it that way. You didn't know. Loki knew that his brother was pretending, which was buying him time to tell you he loved you. Thor didn't want to be the one who broke the news.