chapter #13

Your eyes opened to find yourself on top of a sleeping Loki. You were snuggled against his chest, your head just below his chin. His arms were wrapped loosely around you as he slept. Reaching up you slowly brushed his hair from his closed eyes. When this movement didn't seem to wake him, you gently ran your fingers through the length of his hair. He sighed ever so lightly when your finger traced his jaw.

His eyes fluttered open to find your eyes closed and your fingers in his hair. Your face was relaxed and the slightest smile turned your lips upward. He traced lazy circles on your back as he watched you sleep. He wanted this to last forever. He felt you shift and open your eyes.

Your eyes met his and you smiled lightly.

"Hi," you whispered softly. Untangling your fingers from his raven locks.

"Hello, beautiful," he whispered back. He watched as your cheeks flushed pink with the pet name. You leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his chin. Without moving a muscle you waited to see his reaction. Ever so slowly, as if not to scare you, he lifted your chin. His lips hovered over yours for a moment, before he closed the distance, placing a soft kiss on your lips.

The door creaked open and Tony poked his head in. He stared for a moment at the two of you, lips centimeters apart, before speaking.

"I came up to check on you, Sasha, but I see someone beat me to it," he smirked.

Without moving away from Loki, you smiled, "oh shut up, Tony."

"Well I'll leave you to it then," he teased, causing you to blush. Loki reached up and felt your forehead with his cool hands.

"Your fever has gone down quite a bit if you want to get up," he said.

"Does that mean you want me to get off you?" you responded playfully.

"You could lay here for an eternity and I wouldn't mind, love," he whispered into your ear. His closeness sent a shiver down your spine as you propped yourself up.

"Yes," you replied, "but how do you know I want to stay here?"

"Oh I know you do," he said, a glint in his eyes, "I can see the effect I have on you."

Your blush deepened and spread down your neck. Rolling off him you smacked him.

"That's not fair! You're such a tease," you laugh. Retreating to the safety of your bed, you dive under the cool sheets. You hear his melodious laugh before he follows you onto the bed. You peak out and find him sitting there cross legged, watching you. The laughter went from his eyes as he studied every move. Looking deeper you could see genuine concern rooted there. Crawling over to him you wrapped your arms around his figure.

"Thank you for coming last night," you whispered, prodding to see if that was the issue here.

"I'll always be here," he sighed. Pressing his face into your honey locks. His arms seemingly tightened around you. You could feel him begin to tremble.

"Hey, it's okay," you reassure, "I'm okay now, really." his hands wrap around you as he pulls you against him.

"You looked so helpless. I couldn't do anything to help you and take away the pain," he murmured into your neck. You stay locked together for a moment, your fingers running through his hair as he rubbed your back.

"Ahem.." a voice broke you from your trance and you straightened up. Turning you saw Clint, "Um hey, lunch is ready. Coming down?"

"Yeah. Give me a minute," you reply calmly. Acting as if you weren't tangled up in bed with the God Of Mischief.

Making your way to the kitchen you were aware of everyone's eyes on you. Tony obviously hadn't kept his mouth shut on what he had seen this morning. You turn and give him a death glare as you take your seat. He smirks and pretends he doesn't see it. Natasha is struggling to keep away the smile dancing across her lips.

"Would you all stop gawking at me and get a life," you huffed. Staring down Steve until he blushed and looked away. Acting as if he didn't know.

You decided to sleep in Loki's room that night.

You were again drawn into the last battle. Again you saw Loki's face right as he ripped his knife across your chest. Again you fell into that empty black pit, forced to listen as your friends were ripped to pieces one by one.