chapter #23

The rain didn't stop. You sat by the window watching the grey clouds cover the sky and the puddles grow larger. The hints of summer sun, now hidden behind the mass of grey. You felt arms circle around your waist, and warm breath against your neck. Loki pulled you against him and rested his head on your shoulder. You sighed.

"I wish it would stop raining," you confessed.

"But the rain is beautiful, my dear," he replied softly, "what makes you dislike it?"

"Well, it's just so grey. And traps you inside," you whispered. You felt him smile against your neck.

"My love, rain is beautiful because it aids roots on their journey to the top of the soil. Rain is beautiful because in the morning you find the fields covered in a blanket of cool mist. Rain is beautiful because the icy drops touch your skin and make you realize you are still alive. It cleanses the air, and leaves a new day."

"You could be a poet, you know?" you said, turning to him and smiling. His green eyes met yours, causing you to pause. There was that look again. This time he made no attempt to hide it. You flushed a little and turned away. You slipped from his hold, and made your way to your room. It was late in the evening, and the few that weren't in their rooms, milled about the tower. Loki intertwined his fingers with your and tugged you towards his room instead of yours.

You jumped onto his bed and leaned against the headboard. He joined you, and watched you for a moment.

"You look confused, my dear," he stated.

"I..I guess I am a little," you replied, twisting your hands together nervously.

"You know you can speak to me about anything," he reassured.

"I know..it's just.." you sighed. Better get it out now before things change again, "why did you shut me out for weeks? It was before I left on that mission.." you trailed off. You could see him tense up instantly. He closed his eyes for a moment and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Tell me, Loki," you insisted. He got up.

"No. leave it alone, all right?" he sighed. He got up and made his way towards the bathroom. He felt your hands land on his back and push him into a wall.

"Ow..." he groaned. He was met with two angry blue eyes. Your eyes were half filled with tears, and half with anger.

"Why is it that anytime we make progress towards a good relationship, you suit me out again!" you shouted, "why is it you keep pushing me away and pushing me away.." you cried. His eyes turned remorseful. He sighed.

"You were afraid of me," he whispered, not able to meet your eyes. His fingers tugged your neckline down, and motioned to your scar, "you were terrified of me that night. You screamed when I came near you, and..." he broke off. His voice laced with guilt and pain. Your eyes clouded. Reaching out you tugged him into your embrace.

"Loki," you murmured, "I never was, and never will be afraid of you. You are the person I'm the most comfortable with. That night, I was in a dream, not real life. I couldn't even control myself," you pulled him back and searched his eyes, "please never doubt how much I care for you." Loki smiled faintly.

"You care for me now, eh?" he teased. You giggled and smacked him.

"Course I do, dummy. Why else would I let you kiss me."

"You mean like this?" he asked innocently, before pulling you against him and kissing you. You melted against him, and returned his kiss. He picked you up, and carried you to his bed. Releasing you from his hold, he dumped you onto the bed. You laughed and dove under his blankets.

Yu felt the blankets lift, and a warm body cuddle up beside you. You felt his fingers slide up your waist and tug you against his chest. You rolled over, refusing to lift your eyes to his; knowing a blush was already coloring your cheeks. You trailed your slender fingers over his bicep, tracing circles on the soft fabric separating his skin from yours.

With the tip of your index finger, you traced his collar bone, and paused when your hand reached his chest. You could feel his heart beating. Your fingers closed over his shirt, and you sighed. Tilting your head up, you kissed his neck lightly. You felt his hands tighten on your waist, almost as if he was waiting to see what you would do. You rested your chin on his neck and closed your eyes momentarily. This was where you wanted to stay. Always. Wrapped up in the love of Loki.